Would be leet we had a irc server

edited January 2006 in Community
Would be fun to exchange ideas and help the peeps looking for help that isn't redly avaible on the forums. Please please plzzz go irc admin :):bowdown::p

Comments

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    I believe this may have been discussed in the past and decided it was a bad idea. Admins? Mods? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    First of all, Welcome to Icrontic fishsauce.
    Second-(Would be leet we had a irc server)???<<<< (Not leet)
    There is an IRC room, #icrontic on irc.gamesurge.net. Right now you can join it by downloading mirc (www.mirc.com).
    I don't use it and won't use it. Nothin but asshats on MIRC. Drop on by the mirc channels and get flamed. No Thanks.
    Before anyone says anything, I spent a lot of time (at least 2 yrs) surfin the mirc channels when I had the UT servers, and all I found was flamin arguments or insults.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    I'm in agreement with Hawk.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Already asked about a java chat room that would hold maybe 15-20 people for those that are on at the moment. Don't think anyone wants to deal with it.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited April 2005
    Chat rooms are ok for those with the gift of gab but they are often a pain in the ass to actually help someone with. To many conversations going on at once and poeple tend to be less descriptive with the problem then they do in a forum set up. Plus in a forum anything you do is still there so you can look it up again or reference it instead of having to contstantly go through the same problem ad infinum
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    That why I said in the other thread the chat room would be for casual conversation for those that are on at the time and want to (Chat) live. Not a Live Tech Support Forum. If someone wants to ask for help or info on fixing something they would have to ask in the aproppriate forum. So, You point them to the forum. That could be under chat room rules before you even enter. And as far as too many conversations at once. Every chat room I've ever been to has a deal where you can have a 1-1 link for a private word if needed.
    It's pointless arguing the idea. I guess most think the same way.>> It will ruin the forums.
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited April 2005
    Hawk wrote:
    That why I said in the other thread the chat room would be for casual conversation for those that are on at the time and want to (Chat) live. Not a Live Tech Support Forum. If someone wants to ask for help or info on fixing something they would have to ask in the aproppriate forum. So, You point them to the forum. That could be under chat room rules before you even enter. And as far as too many conversations at once. Every chat room I've ever been to has a deal where you can have a 1-1 link for a private word if needed.
    It's pointless arguing the idea. I guess most think the same way.>> It will ruin the forums.
    i agree with all you said except for your last sentence. i wouldn't mind casual chat with the people here while i'm online :). but, i won't install mIRC to do it..
    java would limit it to registered members.

LIN
  • edited April 2005
    Yeh java seems to be growing in popularity*smiles* Im sorry if you guys got flammed alot and $hit, but I won't try to change ya minds, infact after reading through the posts I find myself agreeing with you honestly (not kissing ass). im quite new to mirc. Well then java would be great, im studying for my A+, and it would be fun to exchange ideas not appropiate for the forums :p
  • verselloversello New
    edited April 2005
    fishsauce wrote:
    Yeh java seems to be growing in popularity*smiles* Im sorry if you guys got flammed alot and $hit, but I won't try to change ya minds, infact after reading through the posts I find myself agreeing with you honestly (not kissing ass). im quite new to mirc. Well then java would be great, im studying for my A+, and it would be fun to exchange ideas not appropiate for the forums :p

Hey good luck with A+.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    What channels do you guys idle?

I couldn't find a icrontic channel so where is everyone at?