ATI Comparison 9500-X850

yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
edited April 2005 in Hardware
If anyone is willing can someone post the relative rank/differences between all the standard ati cards between the 9500 and x850, including 9500, 9550, 9600, 9700, 9800, x300, x400, x600, x700, x800, x850, and all the "blank" "pro" "XL" "XT" etc. and also between 128 and 256 mb variations.

Don't go to the trouble of finding comparisons between off brand variations, for example, an se version by another company, and ignore AIW and special add on things like that.

I'd be interested in ATI mostly, but Sapphire and whatever is good would be great to know about too, if there are any nice advantages.

Hopefully someone will be willing and it won't be to burdenfull.

Comments

• citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    they all use diff types of ram/cores, ram/core speeds and diff amount of pipelines.
    maybe i cant answer your questions but maybe i can recommend a card for ya.

i would say the best bang for the buck would definitly be the X800 XL series.
    16 pipelines (which usualy is only in the XT series), 256megs , PCI-E/AGP , you cant go wrong.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    This has some of the cards your talking about, but not all. It should help with decisions on what you want in a video card. it was posted in the front page news on april 1st.
    And i'll agree with citrix. that's a super card.
    3D Graphics Price-Performance Shootout
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Here's another posted in IC news on feb 21st.
    The Fastest Graphics Cards of 2004: Ultimate Testing of 27 GPUs.
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    i mean look at this test,

the 2nd in line is really HALF the price of the 1st one. :thumbsup:
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited April 2005
    Hey, a little off of what I originally asked, but could anyone give me a quick rundown on what all the specs of a gpu do, and how beneficial each is so that I know more what to look for without ever looking at benchmarks? I would like to think that I know most of the specs, but I always get them confused... for example there are 3 different things with mhz ratings...

pipelines, memory MB, memory bits, gpu mhz, memory/ramdac mhz, amount of ramdacs, parallel vertex processing engines... etc...