Yahoo toolbar with anti-spy

edited April 2005 in Science & Tech
I downloaded and intalled the "Yahoo toolbar with anti-spy" hoping to use the anti-spy feature. But I could not find the anti-spy icon/button on the added toolbar. Could somebody please help me on this? (I am afraid that this is because I accidentally clicked on the "download Toolbar without anti-spy". I have tried to use System Restore to restore my computer to the state before I install the Yahoo Toolbar and then install it again. But the result is the same.)

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited April 2005
    Are you sure there is an anti-spy icon on the toolbar? If it's like the google toolbar there is just an option in the option portion of it to turn it on/off.
  • edited April 2005
    Are you sure it doesn't say download spyware? rofl. It is soo hard to stop my g/f from installing those irritating tool bars, its like I can do whatever I want bla bla bla, shes right she can, but I end up cleaning up the mess. Free? There Is NO FrEE in the net world It just means there is adaware with the application. Well no there are some applications that if you get it at the source its freeware which means it doesn't cost anything, but alot of sites will bundle it with adaware/spyware. You have to be very carefull.
  • edited April 2005
    kryyst wrote:
    Are you sure there is an anti-spy icon on the toolbar? If it's like the google toolbar there is just an option in the option portion of it to turn it on/off.

Hi. Yes, I am sure there should be an anti-spy icon on the toolbar because on the Yahoo webpage, they show the graphic of the toolbar with the anti-spy icon. Attached please see the Yahoo webpage showing this.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited April 2005
    I donno try grabbing it again or - and this is a better sollution - get rid of it entirely and use google's toolbar it's better anyway.