home built water cooling

edited September 2005 in Hardware
Im thinking of building a home built water cooling setup in the future.
Im also thinking of getting a bar fridge and construct my water resevoire in there with insulated hoses comming out for oc my amd cpu. This is what I will have setup by the end of the month, and yes as your thinking money is an issue here.

amd 2500+barton, coolermaster copper heatsink. oc to 2001Mhz.
2x 256 mb ddr 3200 + 1 512 ddr 3200 both kingston , not oc.
asus k7n2 delta ilsr, bios not flashed.
Seagate 200GB SATA 7200RPM 8MB.
And Samsung 80 Gb ide as 2nd hd and pagefile.
most prob 4 fans, 2 of which ultra silent.
Thermaltake Silent PurePower 480W Power Supply, Or if I cant get that=
Cooler Master Real Power 120mm fan 450W Power Supply With Active PFC.
And a plextor 16 dvd burner sata , top of O the line.
Case will be : http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1175081&CatId=0

I won't know the case temp until i buy it by next week. :)

Comments

• edited April 2005
    Im planning on purchasing a bar fridge = http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10039979&catid=17131&logon=&langid=EN&dept=12

Just not sure where to look for the other parts besides the pump. Most pumps I've looked at need to be submerged in water in order to work. Im goin going to use the fridge for my resevoire and drill holes in the door and seal it up with hoses and liquid cement. I guess everyone around this area are noobs? Or you just buy ur own kit? Sigh.... btw don't respond saying ur not a noob and ur offended, theres no need for that..

Thanks for any ideas :):thumbsup:

Edit: When I get this bar fridge Im thinking if I will need a radiator if the fridge is doing the cooling for me, or I buy a radiator for the xtra cooling.
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited April 2005
    I think you should buy a radiator, the fridge will help, but not be the best. It would be interesting to see though.

On behalf of your noob calling, I think there just arn't many people here doing water cooling, its just not nearly in use as much as a simple old cheap fan. When products start shipping with water sinks that will be when it becomes the norm. I know 2 people here that have done some sort of water/phase cooling: GnomeWizardd and Citrixmeta.
  • edited April 2005
    lol, ic.
  • ChemicalChildChemicalChild Canada
    edited September 2005
    yes alot of ppl buy kits, because they are getting cheaper and cheaper, not all brands but alot. me personally I really dont have the time to build something like that you know FT work/ PT school make that rather difficult, but if you have any questions PM and I would be happy to try and answer them to the best of my knowledge.