Hijack This

HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
edited April 2005 in Science & Tech
Hijack This
A general homepage hijackers detector and remover. Initially based on the article Hijacked!, but expanded with almost a dozen other checks against hijacker tricks. It is continually updated to detect and remove new hijacks. It does not target specific programs/URLs, just the methods used by hijackers to force you onto their sites. As a result, false positives are imminent and unless you are sure what you're doing, you should always consult with knowledgable folks (e.g. the forums) before deleting anything.

Comments

• stoopidstoopid Albany, NY New
    edited April 2005
    It's an awesome program. My last job was in tech support. Several of us (the more PC savy at the desk) were using this to remove the more stubborn adware, stuff that even spybot and adaware couldn't clean. It was also a great tool for seeing if adware was even an issue, prior to running any third party scans.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Question, isn't Hijack This just for IE? I use firefox exclusivly; or does it still show spyware on the system that effects the rest of the system. (I think that made sense, not sure.):p
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited April 2005
    Hijack this will show anything in the registry. Now granted usually the spyware only effects IE but some things like adware.cydoor will effect you regardless of the browser you are using.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Thanks for the clairification kryyst!! :thumbsup: