Any litestep users?

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited April 2005 in Science & Tech
I'm dicking around with Litestep and even the default theme doesn't work right... when I load it up I get error messages saying:

"Error: Could not locate module.
Please check your configuration"

In the header of it is a directory, but I cannot see it all. The part I can see saying:

C:\LiteStep\modules\taskbar3-0.306_alpha..."

When I hit "OK" on that message another pops up saying:

In the header for this one it says:

"C:\LiteStep[\modules\syscolor-2...."

Then the message AGAIN pops up like the previous two saying:

"C:\LiteStep\modules\lsxcommand-1.8..."

That's the last error, I tried installing another theme it gave similar results, but with only the last two errors coming up, then a question asking if I want to revert to the old theme. When I do, it gives me the the three error messages again like before.

This theme looks awsome, and if I could get it to work, I'd love it! So any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited April 2005
    Sorry never bothered with litestep.
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited April 2005
    i used to use it...like, in 9th grade i think. man, that was almost...well, almost 10 years ago. anyway, i remember it just had way to much non-automated config stuff to worry about so i stopped using it. i just remember, every time i started using a new app or need a new link, i had to go and custom create a gif and then change all this stuff in the config files. maybe its not like that anymore, but after using the CLI for a while now, bells and whistles dont do it so much for me anymore. cept for konfabulator :D
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    What is CLI?

It seems pretty automated to me now, it even has an update program. But I enjoy some customizability, and I used to use this program but never for too long. It seems most of the documentation is lost or something.

I wonder if there are other shell replcements out there that don't just give the XP UI a different color scheme.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    I'm giving up on it, I even tried Geoshell which seems really cool and more of what I like than what Litestep is/was. But it would constantly crash my whole damned system.

Maybe it's the whole SP2 thing again
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited April 2005
    CLI is command line interface (bash on linux). its all text with no gui. all i was saying is that when you start doing more powerful stuff from the command line, eye candy becomes less important. but yeah, i used to love monkeying around with all sorts of different types of shell replacements. i think i even had staroffice running as a shell replacement once. and im sure litestep is much more configurable now, all i was saying is that it used to not be that way . . .
  • edited April 2005
    Litestep really hasnt been the same since everybody stopped using Win9x It just didnt work with XP when it was released which is a good indication that it never worked with win 2k and everything they tried to do just seemed to make things worse.

My favorite shell for use with 2k and xp is probably sharpe