black screen

edited September 2005 in Hardware
i tried overclocking my new system and now all i get is a black screen what can i do to fix this?
k7n2 delta msi board
anthlon 2600+
512mb ddr
wd 40g hdd
msi fx 5500 nvidia

Comments

• edited April 2005
    dawson77 wrote:
    i tried overclocking my new system and now all i get is a black screen what can i do to fix this?
    k7n2 delta msi board
    anthlon 2600+
    512mb ddr
    wd 40g hdd
    msi fx 5500 nvidia

someone please help i have tried resetting the jumpers i took the battery out all to no avail i'm am at a loss at this point. please help
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited April 2005
    When you pulled the battery did you also disconnect the power to the case? You also should let it sit for at lest 20 mins before the cmos will reset itself.

Another trick that sometimes works is booting up without the CPU in. I'd also pull hte ram and reboot with it also just start back to the beginning and start trouble shooting.
    However other then a black screen are you getting any beeps or anything?
  • edited August 2005
    dawson77 we almost have the exact setup the only difference is the processor i have is the 2800+ i tried also overclocking mine and i get the black screen and i have tried removing my cpu, ram, have tried using a different graphics card and i have the same result. the cmos doesnt seem to want to reset i have had this problem before and i fixed it by pulling out the battery but this time it doesnt want to listen. there isnt anyone beeps just the black screen on mine.
  • Nive11enNive11en Europe
    edited August 2005
    Make sure you are resetting the CMOS exactly as the motherboard manual says. With my mobo it means taking out the cmos jumpter, putting it in a different position, waiting some seconds and then putting it back in (electricity completely disconnected).

Everytime, and I mean everytime I had a black screen on any of my computers it was thanks to messing with the bios cpu frequency setting or something related. And, also everytime a clear cmos jumper fixed it. Check that all cables are connected well in the rig. Try putting your ram in a different slot.

As a last resort I guess you could clear cmos, take out all components but the most necessary ones required and then boot your computer, usually it should boot. After a successful boot put every component in back one by one.

Remember - Plug & Pray - as someone I knew a long time ago used to say.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited September 2005
    Black screen, no beeps. Your video card is dead.
    Next.