Biostar P4VTG boot problem

edited September 2005 in Hardware
A couple of months ago I bought the Biostar P4VTG along with an Intel Celeron D 315 Prescott 533MHz FSB Socket 478 Processor Model BX80546RE2267C as well as:
Rosewill Radeon 9200SE 64MB DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card
Rosewill 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Memory Model RW400/512
and installed with them a new Hitachi 160 Gig HDD, Floppy, and Samsung CDRW/COMBO 52x TS-H492A/WRDH.

New 450 Power Supply/Case as well.

After installing motherboard/cpu/memory/video/HDD/FDD/CDRW the system booted up with video, had an error msg I couldn't read, so I shut down.

I rebooted (cold boot) and then got no video, the hard drive and floppy acted like they didn't get power, so I shut down again.

I removed everything except the CPU and booted again and all seemed fine. So I shut down again and began adding and removing each component seperately. All things worked except the IDE drives when I attached them to the ribbon and the ribbon to the motherboard. If the ribbon was left off the motherboard the IDE drives would power up. If the ribbon was attached to the motherboard both IDE drives wouldn't power up.

To say the least I've tried everything, but still won't work when attached to the motherboard. I even contacted Biostar and all they did was to tell me to do the very same things I had done even though I had wirtten to them the steps I took. I asked them if the motherboard could be faulty and they didn't answer about that.

Do any of you techies out there know what might be wrong? Other than a bad motherboard?

Comments