MMmmm, chiily!~

NebulousNebulous New York, The Empire State
edited May 2005 in Hardware
Well, thought I'd share this with you guyz ( and gals ;) ). Finally after a bit of work, i got my prommy Mach1 up and running. Here's a little teaser screenie:

over4GHz.jpg

So, whatcha think? :D

Comments

• ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    *cough cough choke sputter

:eek1:

*Zuntar wipes coffee off of his lip.......

Sweet jebsus Nebulous :rockon:
  • NebulousNebulous New York, The Empire State
    edited May 2005
    lol, thx zuntar :cool: I think my ram is hitting it's wall already. I know I could get the 5GHz if the ram had more to dish out, but oh well. Looks like cans/bottle return time for the new ram :rarr:

I tell ya at this speed she flies!
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited May 2005
    you're chillin' alright! :thumbsup:
    Nebulous wrote:
    --- I think my ram is hitting it's wall already. ---
    dang, watch your language, Neb ;)

LIN
    edited May 2005
    What ram are you running / getting?
    edited May 2005
    Aww LIN, you know you say the sweetest things! ;)

Zuntar, I'm runnin a gig of Mushy SE PC3200 BH5's. SE "Special Editon" was some sets mushy tossed out some time ago when BH5 was the big rave. Ea. stick had different colored heatspreaders. 1 stick was silver, the other stick was black, but a matched set with same exact #'s on the PCB's and ramchips. I took the heatspreaders off. They do more harm than good IMHO. All they do is insulate the heat inside the ram. It's more show than anything else.

Not sure what ram i'll be getting. I'll look around tho. I'm in no rush and I want to get the best deal out. Yeah, i'm a penny pincher, lol
  • LINLIN Tri_State Area
    edited May 2005
    Nebulous wrote:
    Aww LIN, you know you say the sweetest things! ;)
    Lol ;)
    Not sure what ram i'll be getting. I'll look around tho. I'm in no rush and I want to get the best deal out. Yeah, i'm a penny pincher, lol
    nothing wrong with that :thumbsup:

LIN
    edited May 2005
    lol, I hope not! :D
    edited May 2005
    I'm a mushkin man myself, had good luck with my last stick, but the pair that I have now is just been frustrating. I believe it is my mobo that is the problem tho, at least that is what muskin says. :rolleyes:
    I can OC my processor/mobo and my ram is rated to go much higher then i can get it, they just will not OC together for $hit. :yell1: I'm at a loss with my current setup.
    edited May 2005
    Hmmm, odd. Have you treid RMA-ing the ram? Maybe you got bum ram.
    edited May 2005
    I don't think it is the ram, I think its the mobo-ram combo but that is just a guess.

It is 2x512Mb PC4000 and "designed for use on a 250Mhz overclocked bus".

This is wierd, but the SPD of the ram is 2.5-3-3-8.
    The mushkin specs on the ram are 3-4-4-8.
    I called mushkin and they said the SPD was programed wrong and if I wanted I could send it back and they would reprogram it or I could just change the settings in the bios if i was comfortable in doing that. (not a problem)

Now I ran for months with it at the SPD settings, but had some trouble trying to OC. (hence my investigation). Since I went to the factory recomendations, I have had a much more stable system. I just can't OC past 225-227MHz FSB with out kickin my ram down to 166 from 200 and starting there.

Mushkin claims that they hit the same 227MHz FSB wall that I do w/ my exact mobo and it states it is not do to the ram.

I don't know what to believe. What do you think? :help:

PS, sorry to crap on your thread. :bowdown:
    edited May 2005
    Nahhh, you're not crapping my thread :cool: You might get lucky with rma-ed ram who knows. Hopefully with the new ram I get, I'll try to get more from the cpu :rarr: , but the way it stands now I guess this is it.
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited May 2005
    I want to see that mach 1 working on a dual core 5000+!

Get your life savings together or be :shoot:
    "Remember, nothing within this post may be shared with anyone including friends and teachers! Failure to obide by this may render this thread to :shoot: you. You may discuss the above posts after 48 hours but remember you may never discuss this post."
  • Nive11enNive11en Europe
    edited May 2005
    Very nice, but I want real life pictures of your rig!
    edited May 2005
    lol yagga :cool:

Thx Nive11en. I'll try and borrow a digicam from a friend and post pix.
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    BENCH!!!! :D

lets see some sandra scores and 3dmarks! :)
    edited May 2005
    Sry citrix, me no benchy nomore ;)
    edited May 2005
    B..b...b...but why?
    edited May 2005
    I gave up on chasing numbers. I was obsessed with it before. Building rigz, going for the max uber oc and chasing numbers., wasting all that time, frying parts, losing what little funds i had only to be beaten by someone else in a matter of minutes is not my idea of having fun.

Now I build my rigz, run prime, Toast and game. If it passes then i'm happy.