Folding Machine down just after reinstatment

yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
edited May 2005 in Folding@Home
My 2.8 C is down due to a motherboard RMA. Asus claims 10 business days, plus ground ups there and back, so in other words about 4 weeks, but probably only 3 in reality. Hopefully the rma solves my problem once and for all and I will get my raid back! It will be used this time. :) In the mean time, the machine is finishing off 2 231+ pointers that will update once the rma gets back (hopefully). One is done, on will be done in a few minutes. I will attempt to ship board tomorrow, but should I wait until after the weekend, I don't know, probably not.

Does anyone have a recommendation to a board of equal or greater ness than an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe? This will be my 4th board of this type, it was rma'd once back to googlegear and now rma'd twice back to Asus. I keep having bad luck I guess, and hope my overall system isn't causing the problem.

Having this down, Hawk might be able to catch up to me. :help: :fold: :help:

Comments

• HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Hehehehe, VvvRRRRooooMMM! nah, Sorry to hear your systems down. I'm an all AMD user myself. So, I really wouldn't be much help with reccomending a P4 mobo. If you get the board out tommorrow, it'll be traveling fri & sat, so it would save you some time. Hope the turnaround is quick for you.
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited May 2005
    Saturday = no travel, for the most part, UPS and FedEx are off on the weekends, USPS is what runs on Saturday, but I have had a funny feeling that my packages still are in transit partway into saturday as UPS seems to be a day faster than FedEx often times for the same X day service.