Disabling onboard sound

edited September 2005 in Hardware
Hey guys,

I just bought a new soundblaster soundcard and I am in the process of installing it, but I have run into a little problem. I can't seem to be able to disable the onboard sound. I have a AOpen AX45-V motherboard.

Can someone help me, I also just purchase a new 6.1 surround sound system for my computer as well.

Thanks,

Taz

Comments

• edited May 2005
    Do you know how to access the Bios section of you Mobo?
  • edited May 2005
    Yipper. So I go into the system bios and I can do it there. I do not have to do anything with the jumper settings on the motherboard.
  • edited May 2005
    Got the onboard sound disabled, tested the surround sound, everything is working fine. That is, until I try and play a movie. There is no surround sound. What gives???
  • edited May 2005
    are you sure that you have the jacks plugged in right?
  • edited May 2005
    Yeah, they are hooked up right. When I run the Soundblaster test, the sounds all come out of the speakers that they are supposed to. Its just when I try and play a movie that has the 5.1 feature, I don't get the sounds to come out of the rear or centre speakers. It still works as a normal 2 speaker and subwoofer setup.
  • edited May 2005
    It might depend on the program your using to play back the movie . If you can navigate your way through the toolbar or options tab try to locate the Audio section and see what the speaker settings are,if they are set to 2.1 then theres your problem. :thumbsup:
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited May 2005
    also check in control panel under sounds and audio devices. In there you have to set up how many speakers you have.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited September 2005
    Not every sound codec supports Prologic, or multi-angle positiong sound sources.