Folding monitoring program

yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
edited May 2005 in Folding@Home
Okay, I have recovered mostly from my rage on that last work unit. Now I am considering giving EMIII a try. This can monitor all the machines on a lan correct? But I can't monitor anything accross the great tangled mess known as the intarweb? Is there anything that can, or someway to set it up physically at the remote location to show me the results at my local system?

Does anyone even use this program anyway?

Comments

• HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    yep, I use it for my network of pc's. You can set up to 13 pc's on it. You can check each core being worked on and it shows if they are in good working order. And the calculator is cool too. It's nice to see what all your pc's are doing and it warns you if a problem arises. An alarm goes off.
    Here's a shot of mine in operation. There's even a newer version out now.
    I need to upgrade mine to the latest ver. It looks a little different I think.
    And the author is working on improvement changes.
    em7qy.jpg
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    I'll check into what you can do to check it from a distance. I would think using a remote program and connect to the pc, turn on EMIII and check your progress would be the easiest. But, I'll check if there's any other ways.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    What OS are you running on the pc or pc's at home and at the remote site you'll want to check from?
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited May 2005
    The popular old standard Windows XP. XP Pro is usually run, but I potentially could have an XP Home host so hopefully that doesn't matter.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    From what I understand and am being told. You can use remote xp to hook up with your home network or single pc and start the program, then check the progress of your pc or pc's. You'll have to setup & configure the EMIII to read your pc or pc's if you have more than one. Then you'll have to configure your remote xp on the main pc, (where you have EMIII setup), and the remote pc you want to use to connect with. Then connect and start the proggy and check your progress.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Also found out EM3 can make an html page. If you could put up an html page somewhere you could check it that way too.