gigabyte freakin mobo!

edited June 2009 in Hardware
ok so my friend built his computer.

GIGABYTE GA-K8NSC-939 NF3 250Gb
AMD 64 |3200+
Corsair pc3200 512x2
nvidia 6800

so its all put together and stuff and he turns it on and nothing shows up on the moniter. i swapped out some things onto my computer and everything works. could it just be the motherboard??? he needs his comp to be up and running asap so if u could, help me fast X_X

Comments

• edited May 2005
    moniter i used works for other computers. video card works. everything works but when i turn it on his computer doesnt show anything on the screen. doesnt even get to the bios just straight blank. cpu fan is working and like everything is powered but nothing shows
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited May 2005
    yeah, i'd guess the board. try resetting the cmos and if that doesn't work it might be a dud board
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    try 1 stick at a time?
  • edited May 2005
    sorry that i didnt mention it before but i already did reset the cmos ( jumper and then battery )
  • edited May 2005
    ok so yeah i just tried it one stick at a time....then i wanted to see if i would get any beeping if i took all of the ram out. and yeah..nothing so like i contacted the peoples and they said that i have to fill out rma forms etc. and like yeah.....i have to take everything off. ive never needed to separate a cpu and heatsink yet. so now a new question is effect: how do i do it? do i just pry it off? do i need any special tools?? etc.
  • budhisetiawanbudhisetiawan Mars Hill, NC Member
    edited May 2005
    maybe im wrong....just ordered my first 64 amd...but if like all the others...pull the bracket that holds fand and heat sink on....then pull lever for cpu..and wala...u got it...

but then agian...i still working on an old Tbird....just ordered my 64....but they look the same...
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited May 2005
    anandoff, just be careful with the processor! The pins can be very delicate and if one of them bends, chips, or breaks off that expensive processor of yours will be useless. Just gently handle it and make sure you pull it perfectly straight out from the board and when you put it back into the new board don't force it, it should slip into the socket if lined up correctly. Also, try not to rock the heatsink back and forth.

Regarding any tools you might need, you may need a screwdriver or something like that to push on the bracket to un hook it, but I havn't used AMD 64 bit cpus so I'm not certain if you need anything.
  • edited May 2005
    ok so i leave the heatsink and cpu together when i take it off the mobo?
  • budhisetiawanbudhisetiawan Mars Hill, NC Member
    edited May 2005
    if i am right again...i dont get mine till Wed...

But there is no way of doing this because you have to unclip the bracket and then pull the heatsink/fan off...then flip lever and CPU comes off....

Have you even looked at it yet...it really is pretty self explanitory if you look.....just unclip the HS/Fan from the MB and flip lever....then pull CPU off...

At least that is the way it has been for AMD's for the last 10 yrs
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Beginners Guide Assembling Your Own PC. Check out:
    Page 5: Installing the Motherboard, CPU
    Page 6: Attaching the Heatsink.
    And the rest for your pleasure. They have beginners guides for many hardware/software installs and use..
  • edited May 2005
    alright thanks yall
  • tommysfuntommysfun las vegas
    edited June 2009
    i have the same problem ,no beeps and no display. and ive tried all the suggestions