Dual Monitor Help

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited May 2005 in Hardware
I wanna play video on my TV, but I cannot seem to get it to extend. I am using a Radeon 9700 Pro on the machine in question with Omega 5.4 Drivers.

I haven't really done this before, but I just bought the RCA cables to do this and even though everythings connected it just won't work. The video out is a S-Video connection, but I have this adapter that came with a card that makes the S-Video an RCA connection type which is what I am using.

Any ideas folks?

Comments

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    I'm assuming you're talking about extended desktop. You cannot extend your desktop on to a television. You would have to simultaneously display what's on your computer monitor.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Cyclonite wrote:
    I'm assuming you're talking about extended desktop. You cannot extend your desktop on to a television. You would have to simultaneously display what's on your computer monitor.

That's fine what do I need to do then?
  • edited May 2005
    Cyclonite wrote:

What are you talking about?? Have you ever tried it?? I Have mine connected with s-video on a 25" TV and works fine. I can extend my desktop, split it into 2 (horizontaly or vertical), clone it or use dualview. Or maybe thats the difference between Nvidia and ATI.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited May 2005
    when you go into your display properties -when your TV is connected is it showing you the 2 monitors? You have to activate it and then tell it what type of display you are using either copy or extended. Extended may or may not work depending on the video card and drivers.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    airoh69 wrote:
    What are you talking about?? Have you ever tried it?? I Have mine connected with s-video on a 25" TV and works fine. I can extend my desktop, split it into 2 (horizontaly or vertical), clone it or use dualview. Or maybe thats the difference between Nvidia and ATI.

Of all the ATI cards I've had, I've NEVER been able to extend my desktop on to my TV. So, calm down there.

Anyway, it should be a matter of connecting and turning it on in the ATI control panel.
  • edited May 2005
    when i had a ati 9600 with catalyst i could only clone or use single display on tv or monitor. i dont remember if i could extend it..hmmm * strokes chin * but either way yeah that one guy is right its just a matter of finding it and activating it. but then ur using omega so i dont know much about that driver. try catalyst?