o/c vga causes disabled audio

edited May 2005 in Hardware
alright man sorry for all of the posts but i guess this a bad month when it comes to computers for me. my mobo is capable of overclocking vgas. i o/c it to 80 mhz ( default 66 ) and there is no audio. my computer says that it doesnt recognize any audio drivers. so i o/c it 1 at a time until i reach the max and i can only get up to 70. is there a way to go max but not lose sound?? do i need to buy a sound card??

Comments

• edited May 2005
    anandoff wrote:
    alright man sorry for all of the posts but i guess this a bad month when it comes to computers for me. my mobo is capable of overclocking vgas. i o/c it to 80 mhz ( default 66 ) and there is no audio. my computer says that it doesnt recognize any audio drivers. so i o/c it 1 at a time until i reach the max and i can only get up to 70. is there a way to go max but not lose sound?? do i need to buy a sound card??

Well that thing in bios is not for o/cing the gfx card. its for increasing some other stuff. Don`t increase that. it can be very dangerous and actually it doesn`t give you any speed. For o/cing the card you need a program for that. You can find a lot here http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=13
    If you need more help, write down what kind of gfx card you have and i will tell you what to do
  • edited May 2005
    ok i installed RivaTuner20RC155. my vga is a Nvidia GeForce 6600gt 128mb 128bit. how do i o/c it even tho it might be a stupid question. i want the best out of this card. are there any preferred settings? i dont want to mess around and blow anything ( not literally but still a scary thought )
  • edited May 2005
    First of all, you just don`t take the card to its limits imidiatly. You must take it slowly slowly or else you will burn the card. They say that a card can easyli handle 10% overclock. so if its like 500/700 gpu/ram speeds it should take up to 550/77. After that it dangerous. No lets see how to overclck it.
    Open rivatuner. You will see a section in the main window that will say driver settings and under it will sho you driver (probably it will say ForceWare detected) Next to it there is a small button(customize... next to it). push it and you will see some other buttons. the first button says system settings and has an icon of a graphics card. Click on it and a new window will appear. Now if not enabled, enable where it says enable driver-level hardware overclocking. When you enable it you will see that you can now increase/ decrease the speed of your core and memory. Start moving the cursor to the right. Move it by 5mhz at each time and test it with a game or benchmarkinkg tool to see if it is ok. If your card cannot handle the overclock you will see white dots on screen (artifacts) or the computer will freeze(too much gpu overclocking). When you see this go back 10mhz. Also if your gfx tou stay overclocked every time you start your computer you must click on the aply overclocking at windows start up box. I hope i helped. Good o/cing.Waiting for your results, feel free to ask any other questions