MOBO is a CHain: S1689

budhisetiawanbudhisetiawan Mars Hill, NC Member
edited May 2005 in Hardware
the mem slots arent marked...in the book or on the board...

There are 2 blue and 2 black...which do i put them....there was something bout not puting them in certain one in a certain order but they arent marked...lol...how do i know which is 1...the front one or the back one...

Someone?

Bud

Comments

• ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Look closely at the board, there should be small white letters all over the board right next to every component, resistor, cap, etc...... Look next to each ram slot for something like dimm1, D2, dimm3 Etc.....
    Place your ram in either the blue or the black, it shouldn't matter, as long as you put both in the blue or both in the black.
    edited May 2005
    SCRATCH THE BLUE BLACK THING..... still looking..........

Wow, that is the suckiest manual i have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! still looking..........

Dood, I can't find ANYTHING on the ram setup of that board. Most other boards color the "dual channels" the same color, so my best guess is as I said before. if you have two dimms, place them in either the blue or the black slots. You might have to run Sandra or somthing to make sure your in dual channel mode. :cool:
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Blue slots support (Dual Channel DDR400), and black slots are for standard (non-Dual Channel) memory setup..
  • budhisetiawanbudhisetiawan Mars Hill, NC Member
    edited May 2005
    AHHH..there u are....man u keep slipping in w/o saying hello...

Thx Hawk...

U2 Z:

Bud
    edited May 2005
    No prob.;)
  • budhisetiawanbudhisetiawan Mars Hill, NC Member
    edited May 2005
    rig is smokin...now if i can only figure this drive thing....grrrr