iTouch Problems

edited May 2005 in Hardware
System: OS = Windows XP Pro, Ram = 1gig, Logitech Cordless Keyboard and Mouse (LX700), iTouch Version 2.22.289
I have several problems with this software and can't figure out how to correct it so I am asking for help. :drinkup:

Problem #1: On a boot of the system (cold or warm boot) after the blue screen that says "Welcome", I constantly get an error message that starts off by saying: "C:\Program\ can not be found...." As soon as I click on the OK button, the desktop is painted with my application icons and the rest of the "start up load routines" take place. Including putting the iTouch icon in the systray. I was able to conclude, the iTouch software is causing this problem. I have tried to remove it via Control Panel but when I click on it, it wants to Install,not Remove.

Problem #2: Having weird behavior problem with the "Search" key on the keyboard. When I go ito iTouch Configuration, it tells me that the Search key is set up to go to Google and the URL is correct.
When I press the Search key, it's taking me to different places depending on my current location. For example, if I am on the desktop and press the Search key, it takes me to the MyComputer Search screen; if I press the Search key on the keyboard while on a web page (such as this one), it brings up another application I have on my system called "Coopernic Professional Agent--this is a professional Search routine) on the left side of the display of this page.

Is there an fix for these problems or do I need to reload iTouch? If so, how do I get rid of it? As explained, it will not "Remove" when using the Control Panel.

Thank You

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited May 2005
    use the itouch disk and it should dectec that it's installed and give you some options.
  • edited May 2005
    kryyst:
    I used the disk and it went through the insatll process-no errors, no options except for the standard install ones.

I also did the following;
    OS = Windows XP Pro, Logitech Cordless Desktop LX700 (mouse and keyboard)

I have an entry (iTouch) in the Startup tab of msconfig that I want to get rid of. I unchecked it, clicked on apply, rebooted and it is turned back on.

I used JV16 Power Tools (registry cleaner) and regedit to delete all registry entries which had the word "iTouch" in it.

I searched the "C" drive for the word "iTouch" and deleted all results.

Under Control Panel/Folder Options/View -- I do have "Show hidden Files and Folders"

Can you explain -- What the hell is going on and how do I get rid of an entry in msconfig?

Thanks,
    Sam
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Go to this thread, scroll down to where I start posting and read all my posts in it.
    It should solve your problem. Itouch software causing problems with XP Post back with results please, to let us know you've got it fixed.