iriver ihp problem

edited May 2005 in Hardware
does anybody have a problem with their iriver ihp? ive had my ihp 120 for probably about two years and have used it alot [about 2 hours daily during my first year, and about an hour daily this current year]. now when i turn it on, the hard drive just doesnt seem to spin up and a message says "check hdd connection." and it doesnt recognise/read any of the music on the drive. if i restart the iriver over and over, sometimes the iriver reads the files, and i can listen to music for a few minutes until the thing stops readinf files, crashes, and i have to restart it to try to get it working again.

i have a friend who had the same problem about half a year after buying his iriver. has anybody else had the same problem? is it maybe a sort of "self distruct" kind of thing that iriver purposely does to their mp3 players so youll buy another one? is it something thats common with the 1.8 in drive? also, i was looking into the cowon iaudio x5 or x5l to replace it, should it actually be scrap. anybody have or know about it?

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited May 2005
    Have you contacted iriver about the problem?
  • edited May 2005
    im afraid not. i really didnt expect much considering my warranty expired a while ago, and considering that my friend had the same problem, i assumed that there are probably other people that have it too. i wanted to hear from other people before i call iriver, and have to ship it back to the company or anything like that.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited May 2005
    I'd check about sending it back see how much they want for a repair, my guess is only slightly less then buying a new one.