No video display, long beep every 5 sec.

XanthouSXanthouS Appleton, WI
edited September 2005 in Hardware
Anyone know why I would be getting this error? The system gets power when i start up, all the fans (vid card, case fans, cpu fan) spin, I've re-seated my vid card several times and made sure it was in properly. Here's my system specs if they help:

Mobo - Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
CPU - AMD Athlon 64 3000+
RAM - Corsair 1GB (2x512MB sticks) DDR PC3200
Vid Card - Asus GeForce 6600GT 128MB

I'm thinking it must be a video problem, becuase I'm not getting a visual from my monitor. Maybe the video card is dead(I just recieved all of my parts from Newegg today)? But if so, why would the fan spin on the vid card?

Comments

• XanthouSXanthouS Appleton, WI
    edited June 2005
    Fixed it, thanks for the quick reply...
  • youvegotjermzyouvegotjermz Baton Rouge, La
    edited June 2005
    hmmmm, i bet it was a 4 pin power connector on your mobo that wasn't plugged in..., just a guess
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Sorry XanthouS, Reply's have been a little slow around here lately. We're in the process of working on a new system to get replies at least within 24 hrs. I appoligize for your lack of receiving help in a timely manner.
    Hawk
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited June 2005
    Those posts were 3 hrs apart.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Oh, Were they. I came in and saw the first post was 2 days earlier., so I posted a reply.
    Not realizing they were that close together.
    In that case, XanthouS, you'll have to understand, we don't have 24hr instant help here.
    There just didn't happen to be anyone online at the time of your post.Usually we can get an answer back to you within 24 hrs. Very often you can get an answer within the first few hrs, if someone here is online. But we don't have an instant emergency help forum.
    Thanks for the heads up kryyst.
    edited June 2005
    Yeah I thought the sarcasm was a little uncalled for given the time between posts but didn't wanna bring it up since he solved the problem. But some people seem to think that sites like this are mand 24/7 by people just sitting around waiting to help. That's just not the case we have lives and shit going on beyond sitting around here waiting for a problem. Also some sites just have more active members so the odds are greater there will be someone to help. This site is normally pretty responsive and so just because someone didn't get help in 3 hrs they have a mini-bitch it's hardly called for.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Hehehe, Like the Dell commercial. where the guy calls every 5 mins to see if someones there. Sorry, Didn't mean to sidetrack the thread, it just popped into my head when you said the 24/7 thing. Hopefully, XanthouS and other members will understand we're volunteers here. We don't get paid and we have jobs to go to also. And we get in here as soon as we can to help people, sometimes within minutes, sometimes within 3-4 hrs, sometimes it takes some researching the problem and the answer doesn't come for 24 hrs. But we try our best. On that note, I'd like to thank you for all the help you've given the site kryyst. Your here on a regular basis helping in many forums, so that's much appreciated.
    edited June 2005
    Hawk wrote:
    On that note, I'd like to thank you for all the help you've given the site kryyst. Your here on a regular basis helping in many forums, so that's much appreciated.

No need for back patting, as long as Lin keeps posting in a certain area I'll be around :thumbsup:
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Hehehe, Oh, I see. So, When LIN stops postin, kryyst disappears to LIN's new posting site! LOL J/K ;)
    edited June 2005
    Hawk wrote:
    Hehehe, Oh, I see. So, When LIN stops postin, kryyst disappears to LIN's new posting site! LOL J/K ;)

Now, now I wouldn't be so hastey as to say that, but well yeah that's the truth :P
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited September 2005
    <Signs up for the 24/7 helpdesk crap>
    I don't know everything..(Yes I do...Why am I lying..)but I'm always just an MSN message, or AIM message away. My contacts should be current. And they are! So feel free to harass this insomniac any time of the day.
  • edited September 2005
    A Little off suject but i forgot to plug in the connector on my 5200Ultra afer installing a Thermaltake ExtremeGiant 2 and it booted up just fine.When it got into windows Nvidias "Sentinal" told me that there wasnt sufficient power to the card.So I looked and i'll be damned,I forgot to plug in the 4 pin.But it booted into windows with a fine picture. <Shrug>