My rma status & Asus motherboard troubles... continued

yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
edited July 2005 in Hardware
Intel got my rma back to me within 2 days and 17 hours! Great job Intel! I didn't even send the heatsink back (because I sold it) and they sent me a new one, nice! However, my rma didn't fix my problem with the ASHITUS motherboard. It still says "system failed cpu test, system failed cpu test, ..."

I AM FURIOUS WITH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's gotta be Asus again, 4 (or was it 5, I can't keep track anymore) boards, all bad to start or turned bad. I know I am not getting 2 bad intel cpus in a row, if that were the case Intel would soon be out of business. ARRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO!!!! I WILL PROBABLY CALL ASUS UP AGAIN AND WAIT AN HOUR TO GET THROUGH LONG DISTANCE, BUT I DOUBT THAT WILL DO ANYTHING, AND IF I CAN SEND IT IN AND PERSUADE THEM TO SEND ME A ***NEW*** ONE NOT SOME REFURBISHED CRAP THEN I WILL STILL HAVE TO WAIT OVER A MONTH, ARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHhhg!h!!!!

:yell1: :yell1: :yell1: :yell1: :yell1: :yell1: :yell1: :yell1: :yell1: :yell1:
<RANT BEGIN (yes here)> <RANT WILL NEVER END>
:yell1: :yell1: :yell1: :yell1: :yell1:

Comments

• edited June 2005
    Deep breaths... Deep breaths....
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Cripes, man. Calm down. Heh. ASUS is THE WORST for RMAs. I've sent in two boards only to have them sent back saying they have no problems. Both of them still exhibited the same issues.

My boss just recently RMA'd a board. They sent the same one back saying nothing was wrong with it. Oddly enough, it worked fine in the same exact setup when he got it back. They must have done something to it.

Bottom line: ASUS sucks if you get a bad board. They almost never replace them. At least, from my and many of my friend's experiences.
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited June 2005
    Deep breaths... Deep breaths....

HUH HOOO HUH HOOO HUH HOOO...
    Cyclonite wrote:
    Cripes, man. Calm down. Heh. ASUS is THE WORST for RMAs. I've sent in two boards only to have them sent back saying they have no problems. Both of them still exhibited the same issues.

My boss just recently RMA'd a board. They sent the same one back saying nothing was wrong with it. Oddly enough, it worked fine in the same exact setup when he got it back. They must have done something to it.

Bottom line: ASUS sucks if you get a bad board. They almost never replace them. At least, from my and many of my friend's experiences.

Ahh! You are the first online person to agree with me that Asus rmas are not great, thank you.

***UPDATE*** I have been calling several times, put on hold for half hour blocks, been transferred to different departments, had to call back again, and been on hold to the point where they say leave your number and they will call you back, well this has been going on from about 12:00 - 5:00 and no calls back today, but I was still on the phone most of this time anyway, because of call waiting and I know they wouldn't call back, I have got ZERO progress and have to start all over tomorrow. :yell1: :help: :shoot: Ashitus

...all while my millenium old compaq keeps humming away flawlessly, just slowly... :rolleyes:
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited June 2005
    RMAd ...again... with "expedited" assured to me, we shall see!

I really want to get rid of this board and get a new one from Abit or tyan or something, but I gotta get one of these asus to work so I can un password my windows login so I can get my stuff off the hard drive (it's a 160GB drive that is full by the way), and by using this I can't really sell the rma board, of course I can't really sell the rma board knowing that it most likely won't work anyway, as I will lose even more money (probably, not definitely, lol). So, Maybe in over another month I shall see if Asus fixed their asses. I have forever lost interest in Asus and will never buy their products again, nor will recommend them to anyone. If this next board works, atleast I won't have the bad after taste from all this mess, but I can only hope, dream, pray even.

If the next board doesn't work I won't be able to hold back my urges to yell and scream and kick at Asus, hehe I've already hung up on them with rude remarks when they wanted me to leave my name and number to "get back to me," that was kind of fun. Anyway, what I am meaning to say, is that I might just take my losses, sell the cpu (and make most of my money back for that) and sell the board as is, and switch to AMD 64 bit.

...Atleast things are rolling again, extrememely slowly of course.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Cut yer losses, go 64!! You'll never look back.
  • edited July 2005
    Asus is the absolute worst for RMA's. They are so pitiful that they dont even return e-mails :fu: ! Pity on them, considering their boards are decent!