GeForce 7800 GTX anyone?

ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
edited August 2005 in Hardware
OK, who's gonna be the first to snag one of these puppies????

GeForce 7800 GTX

Bets?? :rarr:

Comments

• HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Hehehe, All depends on how fast you can lend me $600!
    I'd love to have one of those bad boys.
    The review says they're the fastest nVidia's made to date.
    I'm curious as to how will stand up to ATI's upcoming next-generation architecture, code-named R520.
    It's a never ending saga. Besides, Who can afford to buy these things every 6 months, when they pop up with a newer, faster card?
    Dang, I'm still hanging back in the radeon 9700 - 9800 era. And waiting for those prices to drop to get the 256Mb version.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited June 2005
    I just put in a Geforce 5700 (as you can tell not huge into the PC games) it serves me well and I can play Guild Wars full graphics mode so I'm happy.

Personally my computer spending is right now into saving, saving for about a year so that when the new Mac x86's come out I'm snapping one up.

My home computing just doesn't require cutting edge it does what I need and that's that. For some serious power I'll leave it to some work machines if I really need something.
  • SSR_06SSR_06 Iowa
    edited June 2005
    here's some results from xtremesystems

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=66489

almost 10k in 3dmark05 when OCed :shoot: :rarr:
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Niiiccceee! Dang fast card!
  • verselloversello New
    edited June 2005
    Tempting... but I dunno... I've read that it's more evolution than revolution, so I may skip this round of GeForce's and go for the next gen after it.
  • stoopidstoopid Albany, NY New
    edited August 2005
    Got one. About 30% faster than my x800xt. Not bad, but now my 800mhz mobo seems to be holding it back. Oh well, I'm waiting for the dust to settle before diving into dual core processors.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    stoopid wrote:
    Got one. About 30% faster than my x800xt. Not bad, but now my 800mhz mobo seems to be holding it back. Oh well, I'm waiting for the dust to settle before diving into dual core processors.
    OOoooOOooooooo...... benches my man BENCHES!!!!!!
  • stoopidstoopid Albany, NY New
    edited August 2005
    Zuntar wrote:
    OOoooOOooooooo...... benches my man BENCHES!!!!!!

Stock 7150 in 3dmark2005. UT2004 with 6xAA/16xAF with everything maxxed at 1280x1024 plays at 45-80fps consistently. HL2 and BF2 play well with everything maxxed. My cpu/bus are holding me back. Something to look forward to in 3-6 months when I upgrade to dual cores.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    SWEET!! :thumbsup: I only wish I had the $ and time to utilize it!!!1 :o