CD-ROM not shown in Bios

edited June 2005 in Hardware
hi,I brought a pioneer DVD burner and it isnt show in my K2VM2 motherboard Bios.It does work in windows but i wish to boot from cd-rom .Do anyone know how to solve it ?
thanks

Comments

• ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    What kind of mobo do you have?
    What kind of Burner do you have?
    Are you doin any Overclocking?
    Does the bios not see it at all, or does it just not see it as a DVD burner?

You may need to reset your bios, so as to update your "DMI POOL".

Depending on your mobo, you may not be able to boot from that drive, as I cannot boot from my dvd burner as well.
  • edited June 2005
    how do i reset the bios?
    edited June 2005
    When in the bios, you should see something that says load optimized defaults or similar.
    then save and exit, that will force the bios to update everything.

BUT DON'T DO THAT UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR SETTINGS ARE!!!
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited June 2005
    Are you running any scsi or raid controllers? They could be over riding the boot sequence so it's not accessing the IDE channel first. Also check in your bios to see what you have your boot order set to, make sure that it has the cd-rom set to 1st boot device.
  • budhisetiawanbudhisetiawan Mars Hill, NC Member
    edited June 2005
    UM...U 2 are much better at then I ...but

First maybe check compatibility?
    Then maybe bios version?

The way i read his question is that he has a "pioneer DVD burner and it isnt show in my K2VM2 " and its not showing at all....So first thought is that its not compible...but have to check w/ both Manufacture's rigt?

Just my .02

Bud
    edited June 2005
    UM...U 2 are much better at then I ...but

First maybe check compatibility?
    Then maybe bios version?

The way i read his question is that he has a "pioneer DVD burner and it isnt show in my K2VM2 " and its not showing at all....So first thought is that its not compible...but have to check w/ both Manufacture's rigt?

Just my .02

Bud

But it is working in windows, which means that there is a layer somewhere that is picking up the cdrom that the bios isn't. Usually this is because of a different hardware controller that is loading the device outside of the bios. The other possibility is that it is actually showing in the bios if you go into the bios but not just in the boot screen.
    edited June 2005
    kryyst wrote:
    .....................The other possibility is that it is actually showing in the bios if you go into the bios but not just in the boot screen.

True true.
    edited June 2005
    That does do the compatibility thing i guess...like i said not great at this stuff....but would the verision not help the controller end?

So did we get a answer as to whether it was showing in the cmos? is that what its called? the place it shows the drives and time...lol

Bud
    edited June 2005
    No answer yet - so my guess is it's working (ever the optomist)
    edited June 2005
    typical, used us and left. :(
    edited June 2005
    too bad he's not a women...kinda like that sorta thing....oops...did i type that ....forgive me mr mod....Cy...