NeoPower 480 won't power up reliably

edited July 2005 in Hardware
New rig. Completed build, pressed the start button and powered for half a second. Tried several times with the same result. The following are my trouble shooting steps:

1. Disconnected all fans except the CPU. Disconnected all power cables from peripheals except the ATX12V cable. Same results.

2. Plugged into a SOYO KT333 using the 20 pin adapter. Powered the SOYO fine.

3. Connected to the ASUS A8N-SLI powered up fine. Began making bios changes and turned off unit to test the MB to see if would save the date and time settings.

4. Powered back up and the date and time settings were not saved from previous config.

5. Began configuring the bios and after 5 minutes or so computer shut down in the middle of conducting the bios configuration.

Same symptons occured, would only cycle for a half a second.

6. Went back to the SOYO, no joy same symptons as with the ASUS excpet this time it would not cycle the SOYO at all, nothing zilch.

Have seen a similiar problem on Anandtech FORUM but no resolution.

Comments

• HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    I keep aPower Supply Tester on hand for these occasions. Just to be sure it's not that.
    You may also want to invest in a Soyo TechAid PCI Diagnostic Card.
    These tools can save you from pulling your hair out trying to figure out what the heck is going on.
  • edited July 2005
    Hawk wrote:
    I keep aPower Supply Tester on hand for these occasions. Just to be sure it's not that.
    You may also want to invest in a Soyo TechAid PCI Diagnostic Card.
    These tools can save you from pulling your hair out trying to figure out what the heck is going on.

Thanks Hawk I will buy them...looks like a good investment considering the amount of tinkering I do.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    NP, Glad I could help. It's a minimal investment for maximum results in my opinion.