nVidia Chips Comparison

ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
edited July 2005 in Hardware
This is an excellent comparison table to see if it makes sense to get that new card or keep what you got!

nVidia Chips Comparison Table

Thanks to Short-Media for the link!;)

Comments

• edited July 2005
    Looks like the 6800 GT will do for now :)
  • edited July 2005
    I still have an nVidia MX 420...

I need to buy a new card for under $200 that is AGP 4x/8x

could someone please tell me what the most bang for my buck is?
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    A 6600GT in the AGP flavor can be had for $150 to $170.
    A GeForce 6800 in the AGP flavor can be found for about $200 , which is what I'd go for if you have the bucks.:)
  • SSR_06SSR_06 Iowa
    edited July 2005
    EVGA 6800 $190

EVGA 6600gt $160

the 6800 will perform better at stock than the 6600gt, but they both can be OCed to be great performers. if you're lucky enough to unlock the extra vertex and pixel shaders, then the 6800 will win hands down. the 6600gt needs to be OCed for it to show what it has since it has no harware masked shaders. i personally own a 6600gt and i'm very happy with the performance i get from it for what i paid.
  • edited July 2005
    How long would these cards last me?
    edited July 2005
    the 6800 is almost top of the line, so you would get quite a few years out of it. Remember, you don't have to have an $800 card to run to newest games, you just won't be able to max out the settings.
  • edited July 2005
    the 6800 is almost top of the line, so you would get quite a few years out of it. Remember, you don't have to have an $800 card to run to newest games, you just won't be able to max out the settings.

Depends on the game, the 6800s should be safe for max detail till at least COD2 and the first Ue3 games.
    edited July 2005
    rapture wrote:
    Depends on the game, the 6800s should be safe for max detail till at least COD2 and the first Ue3 games.
    True true. ;)