3 beeps when startup but no signal to monitor??

edited August 2005 in Hardware
Hey guys im a lil new at this but last nite i took apart my comp to redo the wiring *clean it up a bit* and also apply new thermal glue to my cpu...after hooking everythign back up and trying to start it...i get 3 beeps...1 long one followed by 2 short beeps...its always consistent but it never starts up. The monitor remains blank...all the fans inside are spinning but other then that im not sure what can be wrong. im hoping i didnt break anything...anything like this happen to anyone??? any help would be great right now...im a lil stumped...thanks

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2005
    first if you go to the website for you motherboard you should be able to get the beep codes to tell you what's wrong with it. That's the first stop.

However things to double check are that every card is actually secured correctly. make sure the ram is setting in propperly and not slightly askew. Also double check that your ide and floppy cables are all plugged in correctly with the red cable stripe matching up with pin 1.
  • edited August 2005
    Do you hear a post beep after the first 3? I have seen that when computers dont have VGA connected but other than that the beeps dont sound too familiar.