No power to mobo.

edited September 2005 in Hardware
Hey I thought I would try my hand at putting a machine together ( don't know much any way ), I bought a ecsk8m800-m2 mobo to go with my amd athlon 2800+ 64 processor. when I tried all of the suggestions I could find, I'm hoping that my psu is to small and not a dead mobo. It's brand new! Anyway, it is a 200w atx with a 12v 4 pin plug. Can anyone help please.

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2005
    Your PSU is definitely to small to run a full machine off of.
  • edited August 2005
    kryyst wrote:
    Your PSU is definitely to small to run a full machine off of.

I was hoping that was the case. I thought maybe there isn't enough power to get any juice to the mobo. Thank you for your reply. I am ordering another case with a 400w psu. I am glad to meet you :thumbsup:
  • edited August 2005
    I would recommend getting atleast a 450w PSU. And don`t go cheap. Buy a zalman or a thermaltake...A good brand name 450w PSU will be more efficient than a 550w cheap PSU.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2005
    400w will be fine, it just depends on how much you have running off of it. I have a pretty good 400w and have 2 hard drives, 2 optical drives, 2 extra fans plus the fan on my cpu and video card and have no problems at all. If you start adding in a lot of extra fans or were running a P4 then you may have issues with 400w.
  • edited August 2005
    Thank you. I'm still hoping that I don't have a dead mobo. This 200w psu would not even start the fan or fans or anything at all. I'm starting to get a little nervous!
  • edited September 2005
    Hi all! I made it back to the world of the living...my ecs mobo was dead!...so I bought an msik8t neo-v instead.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited September 2005
    Yeah, ECS boards can't take many hits..
    (Yet here I am, using the same ECS board that had a complete failure.)