my computer = pwnt

LiLbRoLiLbRo Troy, Michigan
edited August 2005 in Hardware
I unplugged my computer, and slid it over about 2 feet, to get it ou of my way. I plugged in another computer, installed junk on it, eerything was peachey... unplugged comp 2 and slid back my main rig, and bam, it dosent work. what in the world could it be?

It just goes to the screen where it loads the drives.. then restarts, flashing an error so fast I cant see it...

any Ideas?

Comments

• youvegotjermzyouvegotjermz Baton Rouge, La
    edited August 2005
    try going into bios and setting the Quick boot startup to "disabled", it will check all your memory and give u a chance to see a possible error.

if that doesn't work i would try, one-by-one, replacing the PSU and RAM. try your HD in another comp along with vid card and other pci stuff.

and definitely try a bios update, it fixed my cycling reboot problem a couple weeks ago.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2005
    There is a good chance that you knocked a card loose when you unplugged it. I'd check to make sure the video and network cards are seated propperly. Oh also make sure you've got the keyboard and mouse in the right slots.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    well ill trade my main pc lost a mobo/ cpu / psu last night in a storm ( yes i had it on a batt backup
    edited August 2005
    well ill trade my main pc lost a mobo/ cpu / psu last night in a storm ( yes i had it on a batt backup

ouch! what kind of batt backup did u have so i don't buy it?
  • LiLbRoLiLbRo Troy, Michigan
    edited August 2005
    k, so the hard drive was bad.. lucky I had everything backed up on antoher drive... installed, got everything working, and bam, I restarted after I installed a program, and it said Ntfs.sys was curropt... ok, ill just reinstall, I dont care... bam, my CD somehow got scratched and dosent work now...

if it wernt for bad luck
    edited August 2005
    now the computer Gods hate LiLbRo!
    edited August 2005
    Bad hard drive #2....

I just ordered a cheap samsung off newegg... if this happens agian, I am just gonna stop using computers...
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2005
    hell why you buying samsung hdd's?
  • edited August 2005
    Samsungs are great if you dont move them around. Keep it in the machine and it should be fine.
    edited August 2005
    This is the first samsung dive I have bought... it was 51 bucks for an 80 gig... I just wanted to get up and runnin, I dont care if its fast...

the two drives that went bad were both WD 80 gig, 7,200 rpm, 8 meg cache. I had them for over a year, no problems, then they both shit out on me...
  • edited August 2005
    The Samsung drive I have is faster than my Western Digitals. Dont expect it to survive any trips out of the house though, if you can forget any plans on using it to cart a lot of information somewhere, you will need to burn instead.
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited August 2005
    LiLbRo wrote:
    Bad hard drive #2....

I just ordered a cheap samsung off newegg... if this happens agian, I am just gonna stop using computers...

hmm... :fishslap: :fishslap: :fishslap: :fishslap: :fishslap:
    rapture wrote:
    Samsungs are great if you dont move them around

How come? Do they not like the bumpy car ride or something?
  • edited August 2005
    Nope. They seem to die. I had to RMA one. The one I got back seemed to be a different revision though, looked fairly different but still had exactly the same spec. So maybe, just maybe, they've already fixed it.
  • edited August 2005
    Sometimes if the computer says that the ntfs.sys is corrupt doesn`t mean that the disk is corrupted. If you have your system overclocked it may be creating this problems. I had my system clocked from 2.8 to 3.5 and sometimes it was giving me this error when i was booting up. lowered the speed to 3.3 and doesn`t have any problems.
    edited August 2005
    not overclocked
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited August 2005
    negatively clocked?

:fishslap: :urawes: :lilbro:
    edited August 2005
    wow, thats kinda wierd.. didnt know you could be punished for having a broken computer :(