BSOD....on my 2000

budhisetiawanbudhisetiawan Mars Hill, NC Member
edited August 2005 in Hardware
My laptop is freaking out...it is restarting w/ a bsod somehting bout physical memory but cant read it all....

Like i said its on my LT that is running 2000

Anyone?

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2005
    Could be that you have bad ram, could also be that your page file is corrupt.

First thing to do is boot up with memtest86 and do a ram check. If that passes with flying colours I'd delete your page file and make a new one.
  • budhisetiawanbudhisetiawan Mars Hill, NC Member
    edited August 2005
    memtest up and running.....thought that my be the suggestion so cranked it up last night....but its not resetting like it was...so guessing it is a 2000 issue since memtest is able to run in dos...RIGHT?

Bud
    edited August 2005
    Memtest actually runs in linux and at a boot level before the OS even interferes.
    edited August 2005
    Well think you nailed as usual....

MT is blipping RED....Test 5/6 errors....

Had a tech over fixing some keyboard and mouse issues...he had it all taken apart....couild he have not sat it right? Its under warranty so am going to give them a call and see what they have to say....

Bud
    edited August 2005
    well they are sending me a stick....but i just ran memtest on the system mem and that is whats bad...so they are in for a little treat....
    edited August 2005
    it's possible that they didn't seat it right, or they may have dropped it which can cause some technical term to happen. They could have accidentally put a static shock through it who knows. But whatever the case if they touched it and it's now no longer working it's their problem. The reality is if you had a power surge, that probably fried it.
    edited August 2005
    its system mem...so couldnt have been dropped....no worries though...getting a new stick today and then make the call for new system board....lol...once in a while these warranties pay off!

Bud