Ati tv wonder pro

edited September 2005 in Hardware
Getting error message after opening TV feature on my TV Wonder Pro program.
"atimmc.exe encountered a proble and needs to close...." When I close the error message it shuts down TV feature. If I leave it It seems fine. Is ther anything I could do to resolve the problem.

I have re-installed the drivers, updated drivers and updated DIRX and still get message.

Hope to find a solution,

Thanks

llj

Comments

• edited August 2005
    i had the same problem with my genius tv tuner. I tried everything, even formatting the pc but no solution. For a weird way though it worked just fine on my friends pc.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    What version of windows do you have and what version of the ATI Multimedia Center are you using?
  • edited August 2005
    Zuntar wrote:
    What version of windows do you have and what version of the ATI Multimedia Center are you using?

I have windows xp home/sp1 and ati tv wonder pro ver. 8.x
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited August 2005
    I was at one time, well actually still am, into getting tv/radio on my computer, but I have tried so many products and none performed even adequetely to keep them. I returned or sold off all my tv/fm tuners.

Sorry I can't be of help in your situation, I just WISH the manufactures could make better products with descent software in the tv tuner and fm tuner field, Heck, my portable cd player gets better tv reception than all my tv tuners hooked into cable tv.

As for your problem, I would just try again or search for other software that may work. Finding the "wrong" software on one of my tuners got it to atleast function, though with limited options, of course that eventually stopped working, and I will never know why exactly.
  • edited August 2005
    yagga wrote:
    I was at one time, well actually still am, into getting tv/radio on my computer, but I have tried so many products and none performed even adequetely to keep them. I returned or sold off all my tv/fm tuners.

Sorry I can't be of help in your situation, I just WISH the manufactures could make better products with descent software in the tv tuner and fm tuner field, Heck, my portable cd player gets better tv reception than all my tv tuners hooked into cable tv.

As for your problem, I would just try again or search for other software that may work. Finding the "wrong" software on one of my tuners got it to atleast function, though with limited options, of course that eventually stopped working, and I will never know why exactly.

Fom what I have read on the forum most alternatives are chnging tuners, although After the error message pops up and with out closing the error window it seems to work fine. If I do close it as it requests than the program shuts down.

If there is any other solution I'm up for it ...untill than I will leave the error window alone...
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited September 2005
    Old post to an old topic. Here's something I used to do.

Make sure the card is seated perfectly in the slot. If it's an on-card RF/Coax reviever, make sure it's compatable with your local signal.
    I had a Hauppage WinTV PCI that would work most of the times, but it would often come out of the slot a bit, and I'd have to hit it with a beanbag, and fight off society to keep it working.