my new setup

edited August 2005 in Hardware
Well...i decided to go for a new case, and when i bought the new case i was at PDXLAN which just so happened to have a dangerden stand there..so i then thought..."what the hell" and bought my new wc setup (old one was a Kingwin liquid cooling system)

So after i was done talking to them (awesome bunch of people) this is what i ended up with.

Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case:
MAZE4 A64 block 1/2" barbs
Arctic Silver Ceramique
DDMAG 12v pump
BIX w/ 120mm Sunon fan
1/2" Fillport w/ 1/2" Tygon tubing connected to 3/8" tygon on 1/2" barbs (nice fit almost the same flow)

temps:
A64 3000+ s754 Clawhammer @ 2.40Ghz 1.55vcore
29c idle (sitting for a couple hours)
32c idle (listening to music surfing web working on clients computers)

39c load (playing HL2/BF2/RA2/HL DOD CS all them for extended periods of time)
42.5c load (running Sandra CPU Arithmetic burn in 25 times.)

Original side fan for case is 80mm piece of crap which fows about nothing and the 120mm rear fan which is also a piece of crap and flows about nothing so i've ordered a new 78cfm 80mm smartfan for the side and a Sunon 108cfm 120mm fan for the rear. Hopefully my temps will be somewhat better after i get those fans.

OLD temp with Kingwin Liquid cooling system
34c idle (surfing music all that crap)
47c load (gaming/benchmarking)

My LeetNess

forgive the messy wiring....

Comments

• Nive11enNive11en Europe
    edited August 2005
    Tygon tubing.. mmmm I wish I had that.

Is your rig quiet? That's the most important thing, quiet and fast ;)
  • edited August 2005
    no not really the 120mm sunon is loud but not as loud as a tornado or anything...but i don't really care about quiet...considering youi can easily talk over the fans and have the tV on and hear it without a problem
  • Nive11enNive11en Europe
    edited August 2005
    Get quiet, you won't regret. Sooner or later, you'll want a silent system. There is nothing more cool, than an oc'ed watercooled rig, that is quiet as a sudden windy breeze.
  • edited August 2005
    update:

new 80mm Thermaltake smart fan 78cfm
    new 120mm 108cfm Sunon fan

new temps
    2.0Ghz :
    29c idle in 25c room
    35c load in 25c room
    2.4Ghz @ 1.65vcore:
    31c idle in 25c room
    37c load in 25c room

the 2 new fans helped alot the other ones were just junk.
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited August 2005
    I need to start water cooling, *must resist spending money* I will eventually. I do agree quiet is a must.

Is that Red Alert 2 I see up there?
  • edited August 2005
    yessir lol started playing it again...since i found out people still play it...i've had it since it came out...so needless to say..i'm mean when i win lol
    edited August 2005
    What's your nick name (s) on there? And do you do Yuri? That is the game I play most online, and since everyone there is pretty much a n00B now (well for the past 3 years) I always seem to win, usually, and if no one else cheats before I catch it early so I can counter cheat, hehe, or beat the cheater fair and square, hehe
  • edited August 2005
    Fade2flak mainly reg ra2...i lost my Yuri case so no key..i'll probably go buy another case or find another key somewhere...but i like the original better than Yuri :rolleyes:
    edited August 2005
    we gotta pick a time to get on together