I just got Farcry and...

yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
edited August 2005 in Hardware
it put my FX5600 video card teh suck! :1owned1: :bawling:

I can not run at full settings at all (huge loading time, slide show 1 frame a sec. about). Medium/low settings are choppy, but playable.

I think there is an issue that I have to work out though, as I think it's a little too choppy. Doom 3 plays MUCH better. Also, I am having problems with Farcry starting (crashes to desktop), one time it restarted the computer, vehicles (after update) don't appear as vehicles, land and trees and such aren't shown correctly (I always see stuff that isn't there and don't always see stuff that is there). Anyone else have these problems? But anyway, the game is telling me to look for new stuff.

Comments

• verselloversello New
    edited August 2005
    Do you have everything updated? I never had any problems with FarCry... and I used to play it on an old notebook.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Latest video drivers? Latest far cry patch?

Have you run a memtest?
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited August 2005
    Do you even have a clue!!!!! :firemat:

:haha: :1owned1:

JK :haha: :thumbsup:
  • Nive11enNive11en Europe
    edited August 2005
    FX5600, GeForce you mean?

Try the newest GeForce drivers:
    http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/77.77/77.77_winxp2k_english_whql.exe

or some that are a bit older:
    http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/71.89/71.89_win2kxp_english.exe

For some reason I had problems in some games with the newest. But when I dropped to a bit older all of my games worked well. Reinstall newest DirectX.

Not much help I guess, but might be worth a try, though you probably already did. Although most of the times I find that installing different drivers or re-installing them helps if there are graphic problems in games. Try the newest Farcry patch too, or try without any patch on Farcry.
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited August 2005
    I jumped into posting this a little soon. I reinstalled the drivers and all works now fine. I had version 77.3, I updated to 77.7 :rolleyes:

Now if only the easy "vacation" setting were easier I would stop dieing all the time!