Need bulk bios chips.

Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
edited September 2005 in Hardware
512k to 2048k. I need a varitable tresure trove. Anyone know where to get them in bulk, preferably blank..

Comments

• edited September 2005
    Any particular brand (SST, Winbond, ect...)? Here's a list of Semiconductors Manufacturers. Take your pick and give them a call to see who the wholesaler in your area is. This is what I had to do. Hope it helps.
    http://www.digchip.com/datasheets/manufactures.php
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited September 2005
    Thanks, and no. I'm not paticular. As long as they're bigger than 512k, or just at, I have no problem with that. I'm using them for a....special endevour for orginality.

Edit://Why the hell not.
    The chips are going to be used as a solid-state memory device, since CF isn't shaping out to be cost-effective. I've got a theory to get them all to work as one object, to store data. I'm working on something very odd, and if I can get involved enough, I may actually finish this.

Along with thoes chips (Mega Off-topic.) I'm gonna need a digital/analog optical capture device or camera that updates atleast 30 frames every second, or faster, and can self-zoom up to 10x. I'm also going to need about four 9"inch LCD's that run on less than 12v each, and a very low-watt processor, such as the AMD Geode, that packs atleast 1.1ghz of power, and the Via Cyrx isn't tough enough.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Goodness. That's an insane endeavor. I'm VERY VERY interested to know how it works out. Please keep us posted. :)
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited September 2005
    Oh hell yea, PLEASE keep us posted!!!!
  • edited September 2005
    Lets see. If you don't mind Winbond chips you could send a email to Jasmine and request for some free samples. She was kind enough to send me 24 of their W49V002AP chips for replacement of SST's 49LF02033-4C-NH chip (2M chips).

Jasmine Gagliano ( jasmine@synergisticsales.com )
    Synergistic Sales
    501 Mitchell Road
    Glendale Heights, IL 60139

Now if you prefer PMC (Programmable Microelectronics Corporation) chips try emailing or calling Ron. He too was kind enough to send samples for me.

Ronald A. Wild ( rwild@volgen.com )
    Kaga Electronics (USA) Inc
    2480 North First St.,#100
    San Jose, CA 95131-1030
    Telephone: (408) 570-0955 (x216)
    Facsmille: (408) 570-0186

Now I would like to ask a question as well. I see from another post you write your own Bios. Wondering if you could help/advise me on something I have been looking into. My board Bios don't have any v-core or v-dimm settings and wonder if it's possible to add this. What do you think?

Good luck on your endeavor.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited September 2005
    Well, with such enthusiasm from you guys, I'd feel almost wrong for not keeping you up to date. I wished we had solid-state hard drive equivlants that had a decent ammount of size.