Installing XP on SATA drive

edited September 2005 in Hardware
Yeah, so I picked up my first SATA drive, a 40GB Samsung (On Sale). Anyway, I am trying to produce a copy of XP SP2 because I heard it had SATA drivers on the disc, but to no avail. And I am worried because my Motherboard came with no floppy with sata drivers. The install disc itself doesn't even have SATA drivers. So.. what do I do? How can I get XP SP1 on this thing? I have yet to try anything because my X700 won't be in till tomorrow, but I still worry.

Comments

• edited September 2005
    It really depends on the MoBo, I know a guy who had no problems at all. He even owns the same HDD as me, but he's using a significantly better MoBo.
    Me, I had issues.

Word to the wise, if you ever get/need drivers for it, press F6 repeatedly, continuously, from the beginning of the installation, until it comes up to ask for the driver disc.

Stupid windows.... Grrr... Mumble mumble.
  • edited September 2005
    Alright, I got Mandrake Linux on this thing, and everything is hunky-dory, but I still need WINDOZE ON IT. I'll keep people posted, because this might suck.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited September 2005
    Easy, Get the drivers for your SATA/RAID on a floppy, put it in when you're installing windblows, and use it as a third party raid driver.
  • edited September 2005
    Easy, Get the drivers for your SATA/RAID on a floppy, put it in when you're installing windblows, and use it as a third party raid driver.

That was the one problem I had. I couldn't find standalone SATA drivers, and I didn't realize you could use a combination Sata/RAID Driver. Silly me, it works now! Thanks for the help.