External Portable Hard Drive

edited October 2005 in Hardware
Please help the noob.

I'm looking for recommendations for an external hard drive (a big freaker if possible) that is stable and portable (be able to sustain air travel).

I'm hoping a couple of you have experience with such an animal. Anything else I need to be thinking about?

Comments

• Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited October 2005
    I've never had a problem transporting regular hard drives, as long as I've either kept them in my pocket if I'm walking it up the block, or tossing it in my seat when I have to go cross-town. And, when wrapped in an anti-static bag and tossed in a suit-case, it can handle air travel.

If you live in a war zone, or west-side chicago, I reccomend the ever-classic DVD's. A nine will bust a hard drive, but if you shoot a DVD, you're out like 1.22 for the disk.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Your Amish daddy, If you feel the need to flame people who have honest questions, take yourself else ware!:mad:
    We are here to HELP people, please refrain from UNNECESSARY COMMENTS!
  • edited October 2005
    Very nice. :p

I haven't had the need to dodge bullets or deflect them with a hard drive, so I think I'm okay in that regard. Basically, what I think I'm hearing (or not hearing) is that it doesn't matter what I get - just don't drop it?
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    I've never heard anything bad about any specific brands. Good luck!
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited October 2005
    Yeah, that's basically what I was getting at before someone blew it out of perportions.
  • edited October 2005
    Cool. Thanks guys.