Good Lord

TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
edited October 2005 in Community
What happened to this place? Half the forums don't have posts even in the last few days. Some in more thena week..... You used to have tons of posts daily if not hourly in most forums.

Tex

Comments

• citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    thanks for comments and concern.

i wouldnt say the site is "DEAD" , we have some solid members here that keep coming back because they have made friends.

the Off topic section is very active, maybe the site has taken a different direction from what it was before.

were glad that you posted, any suggestions on improving?
  • edited October 2005
    What happened to this place?
    I think most went to Short Media.
  • LiLbRoLiLbRo Troy, Michigan
    edited October 2005
    You, as well as a ton of other people left and went almost primarily to SM...

And like citrix said, off topic is busy. Some people only post in the off topic section (like me)
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited October 2005
    We've just been so efficient lately in solving problems, the problems are drying up. Plus then there was the mas exodus to SM which doesn't help either.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    We have a solid gathering, Yes i agree I think Icrontic is a shadow of its former self, and yes we are gearing awya from what the site was once originally, Maybe its time for a shake up on hte Forum portal maybe delete some topics reshape the forum into soemthing more apropriate
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    It's certainly much smaller, but I still enjoy visiting the site.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Nothing like unconstructive criticism :rolleyes:
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited October 2005
    I asked what happened here? I wasnt putting anyone down per se. I hadnt been here in ages and just popped in and was shocked that most the hardware/software forums were just dead. I mean this used to be a pretty active computer site prime. Even after S-M.... With people actually you know......posting in the hardware/software forums not just OT.

I was serious when I asked what the hell had happened to this place. there used to be a lot of serious hardware/software guys posting here and lots of posts from both old members and new ones. this site didnt croak because I left for sure. But there has to be a reason almost no new posts are in the main sections anymore.

I mean you could almost cut this down to two sections now.

1) computer related questions.
    2) OT

Tex
    edited October 2005
    I was thinking along
    1) Computer Hardware
    2) Computer Software
    3) F@H
    4) Computer Games
    5) Console Games
    6) Electronics
    7) Cars
    8) Girls
    9) Sports
    10) Anything else
    11) Computer Mods
    edited October 2005
    I was thinking along
    1) Computer Hardware
    2) Computer Software
    3) F@H
    4) Computer Games
    5) Console Games
    6) Electronics
    7) Cars
    8) Girls
    9) Sports
    10) Anything else
    11) Computer Mods

Or

1) Computer Hardware
    2) Computer Software
    3) F@H
    4) Other Crap

tex

PS.... based on the "new focus" the "Other Crap" should be number one on the top right?
    edited October 2005
    Jeesh aren't you a little fiesty one! What bug wound up in ur PJ's last night?
    edited October 2005
    I was serious?

I thought you wanted constructive thoughts? Just trying to help.

I mean

Electronics, Cars, Girls, Sports ?

geez...

Tex
    edited October 2005
    and IF you have glanced at OT which by the way is the most prominate section of this site you might notice alot of those topics, IC is changing, Unfortunately we cant keep the Computer hungry public happy, They all end up at SM or others. Icrontic is a Off topic site now. I mean half the mods aren't even mods the admin who have power never fix anything and are unwilling to redo stuff. I've tried but never can get anyone to do anything
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Basicly not only did alot of people leave to go to SM, but admins and mods vanished as well, leaving most users to go somewere else.
    It also didn't help that so many people crapped out on the folding team! that pissed me off, but what ever......
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta
    prays to god that we dont talk about the whole folding thing again
    Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    prays to god that we dont talk about the whole folding thing again
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    citrixmeta wrote:
    /me prays to god that we dont talk about the whole folding thing again
    by that you mean, what?

Yes I know you had your rigs stolen, your off the hook, (maybe) but you are not the one that crapped out on the folding team. there are only like 6 or so people folding for the team. I call that :kaka: .
    edited October 2005
    and IF you have glanced at OT which by the way is the most prominate section of this site you might notice alot of those topics, IC is changing, Unfortunately we cant keep the Computer hungry public happy, They all end up at SM or others. Icrontic is a Off topic site now. I mean half the mods aren't even mods the admin who have power never fix anything and are unwilling to redo stuff. I've tried but never can get anyone to do anything

My humble apologies. I guess I never ventured into a site that specialized in Off Topic before. usually they are just wellllllllll.. Uhhhh lumped into OT. If its OT why not just leave it as OT so everyone can see it all at once? I have trouble visualizing a OT forum split up into a bunch of sections. Usually guys want a free for all format to just gab without it being broken into a bunch of sub sections. Its OK to be that I guess but you don't need a bunch of sub section forums. Just have fun and leave it as OT.

As I said before. Just lump the computer stuff together as you really are not a computer site really anymore right? And there are not enough posts to have sub forums for computers and then just have a big hot OT section.
    Unfortunately we cant keep the Computer hungry public happy, They all end up at SM or others.

I think this was the crux of my original post? WTF happened here?

Tex
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited October 2005
    The problem kinda came down to not enough new blood and the ones that have been here for ever, generally know how to keep their stuff running. Without the new blood and volume of posters the computer sections dry up. The old timer's around here, well we just don't have problems to post over or feel inspired to give advice without being prodded.

The OT thread is certainly the most active, but I mostly agree with TEX I don't think it needs to be split up unless you really want to bring to focus those seperate areas. As it is it's nice to just go to one board and get all your OT at once without having to jump around.