How can I get the name of the manufacturer of a DVD

HalOfBorgHalOfBorg West Virginia
edited October 2005 in Hardware
How can I get the name of the manufacturer of a DVD (Memorex, Legacy.....)?

I have some DVD-Rs that I have burned as movie DVDs and labeled. One brand does not play well in my home DVD player (after about 1/2 HOUR), the others work fine.

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited October 2005
    Short of pulling the label off I can't think of any possible way. There is nothing coded on the disk that identifies it.
  • HalOfBorgHalOfBorg West Virginia
    edited October 2005
    Now - I thought YOU would have the answer. I was told by people over in CPU-Central about this:

HERE

Don't know if it works.
    edited October 2005
    Well there ya go leave it to someone to create a program....very cool. So have you tried it?
  • HalOfBorgHalOfBorg West Virginia
    edited October 2005
    not yet. i was too busy. i will.
  • RMFRMF
    edited October 2005
    DVD indentifier works perfectly fine as there IS information coded or barcoded on all discs to say who manufactured them.
  • drowddrowd Texas
    edited October 2005
    RMF wrote:
    DVD indentifier works perfectly fine as there IS information coded or barcoded on all discs to say who manufactured them.

i was thinking there was. i know K3B (drowd <3's K3B) always tells me i have ritek or memorex before i burned them, but i never check afterwards, so i guess i figured it got written over.
    edited October 2005
    drowd wrote:
    i was thinking there was. i know K3B (drowd <3's K3B) always tells me i have ritek or memorex before i burned them, but i never check afterwards, so i guess i figured it got written over.

Yeah I kinda was under the same assumption once the data was writen the id header could no longer be picked up. Guess that's true by standard software and it needs a progam to specifically look for it.