LapTop issue - Too many toys?

NYCDrewNYCDrew NYC(duh)
edited November 2005 in Hardware
I currently have an older laptop, a Dell Inspiron 3800. It's pretty old but mostly does what we need it to. It's an 800mhz celeron with 384 meg of ram. The worst thing about it is it has only an 800x600 resolution screen.

I use my desktop for almost everything and basically the laptop to me is for surfing the web, emailing, and remotely controlling the desktop from another room.

My wife uses the laptop almost exclusively, for surfing, email, and basic games including her obsession, Age of Empires II. Age III just came out, but will not run on a laptop with our specs.

I just saw the Toshiba Libretto. This thing is so cute! It's a 1.2 gig pentium M with a 1280x768 screen. It's the size of a small hard cover book, yet it runs Windows XP. This thing would be so cool to have around the house because it's truly portable and I could really use it everywhere. But, it's also like $1800, which is the price of a good full size laptop.

Logic says if I were to spend that much money I should get a better laptop than I have now, and one that will do everything (including Age of Empires III). But did I mention how cool the Libretto is?

Right now I'm thinking crazy thoughts, like get them both, but that would be a little overboard.

Help!

Comments

• citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    ya 1800$ is alot of money for a lapper..

i know versello has a nice lapper and i dont think he blew 1800$ on it.

it was a sony, maybe he will come in with more info.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited November 2005
    I'd recomend getting an IBM laptop I've had nothing but great luck with those things. They are durable and powerful.
    edited November 2005
    kryyst wrote:
    I'd recomend getting an IBM laptop I've had nothing but great luck with those things. They are durable and powerful.

ya but if they can ONLY change the frickin design and make it look better.
    damn, they havent changed the look of those laptops for like 10 years now :(

all black... ibm logo in the corner.. :S
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Yeah. They're ugly.
    edited November 2005
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited November 2005
    I agree IBM laptops are as ugly as SIN. But with the abuse I've seen people put them through they just keep on ticking and when I'm buying them for work ticking is better the looks.
    edited November 2005