New Cooler

edited March 2006 in Hardware
I've just installed an Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro. Just testing so far but I'm very impressed.

Its cooling a socket 754 A64 3000+ at about 37 degress idle and currently running a WU on f@h and so far its only hit 42 degress. This is also with the case open, once I put the side panels back on I'm expecting it to be a little better.

I removed the integrated heatsink from the CPU a couple of weeks ago so that may have something to do with the temps. I might see if I can overclock this one a little.

Comments

• ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Good Lord man that is a big heatsink!!! that comes from a guy who has a hyper 6!!
    Any probs mounting it?
  • edited December 2005
    No harder than usual A64 cooler installations, I hate the AMD retention module, its horrible.

I did have to rotate the heatsink clip 90 degrees to make sure the back of the cooler would e facing my out take fan but other than that it was pretty smooth.

The clip they have used on it is a lot nicer than most and puts the stock heatsink to shame.

There were a few caps in the way, I've had to put the lever on the same side of the fan, I was worried about losing some blades but there seems to be plenty of room, looks like they thought it out well.

About the size yes, it is big but its light for its size. Its basically 6 heatpipes and a load of aluminium fins. Its worked out quite well.
  • edited December 2005
    I decided to reorganise my case after posting and it’s now running at 32 degrees idle with the side panels on. I’m quite please with the purchase so far.
    edited December 2005
    PICS!!!! hint hint
    edited March 2006
    Still need pics Rapture!!!!

I just picked up a Zalman CNPS9500 and WOW my temps dropped from 39C idle to 32C idle and 39 load!!! :p This is a sweet HS because you can face the HS in which ever direction you want, its actually fairly quiet and its not so heavy that you feel uncomfortable moving you rig around. Pics to follow!?:D
  • edited March 2006
    I will try and get some time over the weekend. I don't like taking pictures of my machine as they usually end up looking like crap but I will see what I can do.

Guess I should have took a few pictures of the A64 minus the integrated heatsink before fitting it too...