Need Help Fixing my 9800Pro

edited August 2006 in Hardware
So, I have a Radeon 9800Pro. To begin with, the power connector was fairly flimsy, but I accidently broke it :( There are 4 metal prongs going into the board of the card, and at the right angle to the power connector, one of them snapped.

It looks somewhat like this:
_____ <to power plug in>
|
<board>

Everything on the card is fine, its just the piece of metal sticking out snapped, and I just need to reconnect it, but I have no idea how to go about this.. Can anyone help?

Comments

• ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited August 2006
    although I don't see a picture posted I can guess what you are talking about. You will need to solder it.
    Please don't take offence to the next two comments, but shut the power off to your PC and take the card out before you solder it.:nervous:

If you have never soldered before then practice on any old card, or find someone you trust to do it for you.:D
  • erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native Texan Houston,Texas Member
    edited August 2006
    Post some pics. How ever from the sound of it you just need to solder it. Just get some copper wire the same width as the connector wire. But if you ripped out the copper tabs your just (SOL). This being a Radeon 9800Pro you can buy a new one cheaper than it would cost to fix it.