Two Video questions.

Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
edited September 2006 in Hardware
I got my Acer AL205IW about a month ago, and it had a dead pixel in the middle part of the lower left corner. It's now gone. I can't find a dead pixel anywhere on the monitor. I don't know if this is good, or bad. But, that's not my main problem.

I have a serious problem. I get red and green static in tears across things under CERTAIN conditions. I have a Powercolor X1600 Pro.

===========
=============
=======
=========================
===========
==============
======

It tends to look like that, with intermittent green or red in it. They switch rather quickly, thus the call of static.

1: When I use Google Image search, and I type in George Bush Press, the picture with Fema written on Cardboard has this static beside the piece of cardboard, until the end of the image, but does not touch the white, or go past the blue border.
2: When certain colors reach a part of my display, and about 300-500 pixels across from those colors, this static is shown. It will even be drawn on my desktop, but not on Icons, or text.
3: Gmail's spambox SOMETIMES gets a lighter color gray on the text that flickers on part, or all of a word.

I suspect it is the video card, but I can't tell since I don't have a spare, and I'm soon to rebuild anyway, since this 3500 isn't cutting it anymore, and I want crossfire. Any input would be nice.

EDIT:// It was the monitor. Acer and I are going to have a nice Knockdown Dragout over it.

Comments

• erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native Texan Houston,Texas Member
    edited September 2006
    Thats normal for the x1600. I get the same thing on start up or when I'm loading a game.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited September 2006
    So this grapical corruption is NORMAL?!

Answer: No. This just started happening. It's not a flicker update, because this one does it with two yellow and one white line. No this green and red static is new. I guess I have to be more clear. This place used to be a good place for input.

1: The problem is Outside of the memory, since I can't capture it.
    2: It apparently has something to do with one of the many filters.
    3: It is not related to any one head, so the problem is not a defective port.
    4: Happens in both Analog and Digital.
  • AranyicAranyic Casstown, OH Icrontian
    edited September 2006
    Have you tried using different versions of the drivers yet? and has it done it as long as you've owned the card, or did it just start up?
    edited September 2006
    ' wrote:
    Answer: No. This just started happening. It's not a flicker update, because this one does it with two yellow and one white line. No this green and red static is new. I guess I have to be more clear. This place used to be a good place for input.

The drivers mean nothing if it cannot be captured. This just..POOF happened one day. I'm sittin' at my desk, reading Clive Barker's Undying, a flash video of Scatman Joe's Scatman was playing and I cought it out of the corner of my eye. Just for a second. I tend to see things that aren't real due to my dented skull, so I shrugged it off, until I was looking for a Picture for a friend, Typed in George Bush Press, and I saw that static on the FEMA picture. I hit the ceiling. I paniced. I went to post here, but I bluescreened. BAD_POOL_HEADER with a strange red block stamped over the end of HEADER, but the text was still white. Also had a yellow bar through it. So, I thought 'Maybe Powercolor doesn't like the ATI drivers.' So I switched back ot the ones off my CD. Still happened. And I keep my case open, because I'm always changing hard drives. Maybe something hit the card, or maybe my cat sneezed on it. I don't know, Don't care. Problem will be solved sometime soon when I replace the bastard.
    edited September 2006
    Gentlemen, I have to apologise. I just bought another X1600, By sapphire. I have the same Red and green static. I honestly thought this problem was not dependent in the series of cards, because quite frankly, this kind of thing shouldn't even be present. Shows me what they do about quality control or testing.