Think this board has hexed me...getting message "SATA drive 1 was plugged in."

budhisetiawanbudhisetiawan Mars Hill, NC Member
edited January 2007 in Hardware
HUH...why did this start?...

All I did was put my cover back on...I have been using a SATA DVDRW for months now...maybe yr already!!!!

WHat does this mean?

Comments

• stoopidstoopid Albany, NY New
    edited January 2007
    This is at the bios screen?

I'd clear your cmos and start over. Sounds like a hardware detection issue with the controller. Try a different sata channel/slot and see if that resolves it, then put it back to "Sata drive 1".
  • edited January 2007
    Thats strange. First time i see it. It gives you this message every time you boot the pc or it was just once. Will the drive work after you get into windows???
  • budhisetiawanbudhisetiawan Mars Hill, NC Member
    edited January 2007
    its when windows starts up....anytime any kind of message comes up when starting in to windows....you know?...like when your stuff is loading...messenger norton...crap like that...

The last two time it has appeared...I dont turn my PC off much....just when the moon is full....LOL>...
  • edited January 2007
    So probably its windows going crazy. I remember once telling me that i cannot delete a folder because it is empty.
    Maybe this is also happening if you have your system overclocked.
    edited January 2007
    no tweaking here...i cant find anything that even mentions such a thing.....
  • edited January 2007
    I did a search also and could not find any message of that kind. It looks like that every time you boot windows installs the sata controller. It may be windows problem with some conflicts or something or it may be your mobo going bad
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited January 2007
    Sorry I got nothing on this one. Sounds like it's just the SATA controller trying to show off. If it shows up just after the bios screen but before windows that's a normal place for that type of message to show up. It's extremely common for you to see similar messages on a mother board that supports raid. Normally though there'd be a prompt with it saying press CTRL+ALT+A to access the Raid setup.

However if it's windows stating that, that's weird I've never stumbled across that before. Sounds almost like it's detecting hardware but I've never heard of it.
    edited January 2007
    Its definately windows...I know the bios stuff yah are talking about and yes...i see that also but it just flips over like the rest of the bios stuff...this is all windows...and never heard of it...so thought to ask....kinda annoying but nothing tramadic...lol

Thx for all the input and now you have heard of it...lol...for the poor shlep it happens to next time...

Thx again

Bud
  • stoopidstoopid Albany, NY New
    edited January 2007
    I had a similar issue with a sata controller redetecting at each windows startup, and never installing itself quite right which is why windows redetected it each time. Funny thing was - the controller was actually already installed but for some reason windows didn't see the hardware id as a duplicate and kept thinking it was a new device, then when it went to install/configure it couldn't because resources were already assigned and reserved for the device.

Anyway, I ended up wiping the drive to make it go away. Fresh install of windows worked to resolve it, but that was a dramatic resolution for the problem (since windows still worked). I figured if it was doing that what else could be wrong, so I started over. Got quite a few months out of the install before it went belly up, so no big loss IMO.
    edited January 2007
    It has suddenly stopped as quick as it started...LOL...and I didnt do a thing....thats Windows for you!
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited January 2007
    Then run a *nix distro. Set it up once, then forget it until it reminds you that it never worked to begin with.
    edited January 2007
    ?...is that some kind of joke? ...lol..I dont understand!
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited January 2007
    No, I'm not kidding. Run linux. It'll either work, or not work. But the chances are, if the device runs fine, the distro you choose will ID it and set it up for you, if it has your bridge driver. If not, it's real easy to set it up.
    edited January 2007
    Is it not just best to leave it alone since nothing is broke?
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited January 2007
    I'd leave it alone. Running linux on it to solve this problem isn't a solution. You could try doing a clean install if this is really bugging you but sounds like it's just one of those fun windows issues that crop up from time to time.
    edited January 2007
    yep...like i said it hasnt done it since the post so going to just let the dead dog lye...lol...thx for all the input everyone!