DVD Error F4D41436....HUH

budhisetiawanbudhisetiawan Mars Hill, NC Member
edited February 2007 in Hardware
Getting this for some reason and cant find a work around...any thoughts...I have done a google and they seem to talk abou Nvida and I am running S4...

Anythoughts?

Comments

• ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    The dvd is upside down.

Bwahhahah :rofl: JK

I don't know chief, but I just had to mess with ya.:thumbsup:
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited February 2007
    Can you provide any LESS information than that? I think I could possibly formulate the solution from that small nugget of noninformation.

Sersiously man. How about some info?
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    I seems to be an issue with TV out funtions, and you do have a TV card inthere right, I sure I remember all the fun you had with that!
    This error is not your burner's fault. What's probably happening is that you want to play a DVD movie on your Plextor and play it on your TV via the TV-Out of your grahics card. This won't work because DVD movies are often copy protected. But, no worries since there are a lot of software tools you can use to solve this. I think AnyDVD will do the trick for you. I am not 100% sure though since I never used the TV-Out option of my graphics card myself before but AnyDVD should make any DVD inserted in your drive(s) appear as non copy protected.
    A lot of people have had a similar problem.

It's occurring because of your NVidia drivers.

Either update your drivers, or if you are using the latest ones, try an older one.

When does it happen and does it happen to all DVD's?
  • budhisetiawanbudhisetiawan Mars Hill, NC Member
    edited February 2007
    Zuntar:

IM not trying to watch this on a tv...and i dont use that card as my video card so not fallowing you! Not to mention...I didnt have a problem i dont think...I just couldnt figure out which to buy...lol...

So You quoting that because that is what your thinkin? Like I said...not using a Nvidia card....as far as the other...searching...

Amish:

What more do you want?.....My bio tells you my pc and I told you what its doing....it does it in every DVD program i have tried...2...MP...and Roxio....
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited February 2007
    Based on the stuff I'm reading on a google search I'd suggest doing this.

Remove roxio and any other dvd playing software that you have. Then download the latest K-Lite Master codec's they come with DVD codec's on them that don't care about copy protection. Then just play the dvd back through Media Player current or classic using the klite codec's. PowerDVD seems to be the biggest player with this error especially if you have a TV out feature on your machine.
    edited February 2007
    Roxio is my burning software...so just uninstall the player right?...and then uninstall MP also?.....
    edited February 2007
    Just uninstall Roxio player (i'd say get rid of roxio entirely and use nero but...) Media Player shouldn't cause any problems.
    edited February 2007
    dont have nero...lol...or would...I hear so much about it...just not in budget...
    edited February 2007
    Budgets, budgets....that's for like buying software ;)
    edited February 2007
    lol...no..thats for like....hmmm....oh yea...FAMILY...
    edited February 2007
    Kyr:

You got a trusted site to get the KLite from?
    edited February 2007
    Never had any issues with grabbing it from

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

Here. I'd recommend grabbing the standard or full versions.
    edited February 2007
    I am a little lost on this...how does this work?
    edited February 2007
    Kryst:

WHere you been...lol...

I went ahead and did the full and played w/ it...it installed some interact dvd player that played 1 dvd but then screwed up...so then found MPC...and all is good now...

Thx for the heads up!
    edited February 2007
    Yeah MPC works better because it has much less overhead then the current MP. Though I've found usually it's just an issue of the power of your machine that will determine if MP will handle it or if you need to switch to MPC. Some odd ball stuff you grab off the net may not work in MP with the codec's because they weren't properly encoded. However if it's a commercial DVD that shouldn't be the case. Unless there is some newer encryption that MP isn't liking that MPC doesn't care about.

In any event good stuff. :thumbsup:
    edited February 2007
    I run MP for other stuff but it just wont work on DVD's....Dont really get it but am using MPC to watch them...thx for all the help...

PS...take a look at my hub post and see if what YAD was talking about...Thx