LCD screens

edited February 2007 in Hardware
The contrast ratio of LCD screens is the darkest of black and the brightest of white and it how much shade of black and white the screen can display .Not how much color it can display or shades of color.

Also is true that contrast ratio is not how sharp the pictures is but the dot pitch is how sharp the picture is.The lower the dot pitch the sharper the image

I want a LCD that is sharp and bright.Also should I be looking at how many colors it can display?

Comments

• Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited February 2007
    You should be looking at the interface depth (Not listed anywhere) which you may have to get from the manufacturer. I learned recently that my beautiful SUN 22 inch monitor is only 8 bits, even though it can display 32bpp. You're gonna have to be willing to drop some heavy coin on a monitor. I reccomend Samsung or Panasonic.
  • edited February 2007
    Well the nore color depth the more bits used to represent the color pixel and that gives a better range of distinct colors.

A one bit would be 2 color and 2-bit would be 4 colors.And 4-bit would be 16 colors.The most they have now are 32 bit:eek: