Sapphire X1900GT 55C idle.

Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
edited February 2007 in Hardware
Well guys, Without my badass case, my Sapphire X1900GT is too hot for my tastes, the warranty's out because I've already overclocked it once. Stock speed of 645 is that temp. Overclocked I don't like the temps so I took it back down. I had almost 700, But It wanted to 62C idle my sorry ass, so down it went. I'm looking for something. A design, A card-level heatsink, a double slot heatsink, a multi-array heatpipe arrangement, several good reasons for water cooling, yatta. I need something. Processor's fine at 30-36C full load without my case in this weather. Summer temps were like 38-44C, and then the heatsink turbine kicks in and it's louder than my case. I'll take any ideas, save for a whole water conversion.

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited February 2007
    Well there is the submerge your case in cooking oil technique :)
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited February 2007
    Little excessive, I just want some ideas. If you've got any experience with heat management, I'll take what you got.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    The after market Arctic cooling setup that I had on my 5900XT was very quiet and kept my card quite cool....... dunno if they make one for your card.... yet.
  • edited February 2007
    Don`t have a digital camera right now to show you my mods on my older cards but here are some ideas. Unscrue the plastic cover on top of the video card so you can see the heatsinks. Then take a fan that will fit ontop of that heatsink and install it with some doublefase or anything that will hold it there. That should cut off atleast 5-6c(maybe even 10c) on your current temps.
    Or as Zuntar said : http://www.arctic-cooling.com/vga2.php?idx=90
    Also if you do not have enough airflow in case and if you do not have anything underneath the gfx, open the pci brackets and install a fan there so the gfx can get cool and enough air
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited February 2007
    I really can't avoid to sacrifice PCI slots, Since I'm using both of them. The Tforce6100 only has two, and the 16X slot is right on them. I wished there was a 1X wireless card or something.