It's time to be reckless and stupid.

Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
edited April 2007 in Hardware
Nothing says what I want to do better than this.

Core Speed 2600.0 MHz (13.0 x 200.0 MHz)
HT Link speed 1000.0 MHz
Stock frequency 5000 MHz
max FID 25.0x

As you can see, the Multiplier is unlocked since it says 5000. Checked it myself. Max Multi is 25. Now before I do what you think I'm gonna do (Yes. I wanna run this bugger at that high 25x.) I need to find a way to cool it as I go up. I know Water won't hack it unless I find a way to cool it more than Air. I've heard alot about phase change cooling, but I don't know enough about it, nor do I have the knowledge to do it. Ideas are welcome.

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited March 2007
    You are a nut job. There is the vegetable oil method.

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/comments/3153/
  • karatekidkaratekid Ogdensburg, NY
    edited March 2007
    How about a Peltier? I have never used one personally, but it always seemed like a great idea. Of course, you would have the problem of cooling the hot side, but the cold side can be below freezing.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited March 2007
    Pelteir would be a good idea, but for every bit of cold it makes, it makes an equal ammount of hot, and I can't find one. And I think my FX would boil the oil, I need something like Alcohol, that won't boil, and won't freeze..
    edited March 2007
    The oil won't boil it disperses to quickly due to the volume. Like trying to boil a pot of water by sticking a match beside it.
    edited March 2007
    If you applied 130C (Current cooling, estimated temp at 25X) to one spot in oil, that oil would spread that heat, and become saturated, for lack of a better term with it, and it would only stack. Getting hotter and hotter. I'm not saying it would actually create bubbles, but nothing would survive. I'm thinking maybe Freon or something..Like that Freon Pylon they used for the P4 1.6 overclock that was done back in 2002 up to 7.6ghz. I just need to know the design so I can make one.
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Oh man, too bad your not around here. We have liquid argon, nitrogen, oxygen, hydrogen and ammonia here at the plant. I could hook ya up with some real coldness.:eek:
    edited March 2007
    If you applied 130C (Current cooling, estimated temp at 25X) to one spot in oil, that oil would spread that heat, and become saturated, for lack of a better term with it, and it would only stack. Getting hotter and hotter. I'm not saying it would actually create bubbles, but nothing would survive. I'm thinking maybe Freon or something..Like that Freon Pylon they used for the P4 1.6 overclock that was done back in 2002 up to 7.6ghz. I just need to know the design so I can make one.

Yeah your right - if the oil wasn't circulating. But the whole point is to keep the oil circulating around the case. Which the fans would do.
    edited March 2007
    I don't wanna lose my pretty case to ugly oil, and the fact that I may want to change parts in this machine whenever I feel like, sure puts a damper on it.
    edited March 2007
    I think he's chicken.:ninja:
    edited March 2007
    Yup definitely chicken and all talk :)
    edited March 2007
    Oh just because I won't throw components in a vat of vegetable oil that makes me a chicken? I see how it is. It makes me a chicken. Yeah, a piece of chicken at Arby's. That's what it makes me, a Chicken Bacon Swiss. I am not turning my computer into a submarine. I have no place for an aquarium full of oil, nor is that any means mobile, or easy to access. "Oh no! Some memory burned out, I need to get it out and replace it." I don't think so.
    edited March 2007
    Mmmmmm Arby's Chicken......
    edited March 2007
    Chicken Bacon Swiss YUMMMMMMM!!

seriously though, unless you willing to spend lots of money on say these or similar.... not sure what to tell you dude. you could buy a small window ac unit and pipe really cold air through a radiator for cold water cooling. still comes down to $$$$ though.
  • edited March 2007
    Keep in mind alot of the energy transfer for any system takes place in the phase change, thats why Freon and Ammonia and Alcohols are used because they are so volatile.

If it was me,I would make my own that ran on R134a *good luck finding freon*

Of use a groundwell that uses no energy (other than the pump) and itll keep things at a nice 40F.
  • edited April 2007
    i forget when i joined. just saying Hi
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited April 2007
    Didn't Citrixmeta have a phase change thingy? Wher'd he go?

Zuntar wrote: »
    Oh man, too bad your not around here. We have liquid argon, nitrogen, oxygen, hydrogen and ammonia here at the plant. I could hook ya up with some real coldness.:eek:

There is something called teh postal service. And there is also something called my home address. *caugh*
    supern0va wrote:
    i forget when i joined. just saying Hi

A bit random, but hey, I dig it! :thumbsup: Can't... resist... removing... "e..." in.. name...
    Loki047 wrote:
    If it was me,I would make my own that ran on R134a *good luck finding freon*

shhh!!!! It's a secret, I don't have a hoard of Mexican Dupont R12 that I "walked" across the boarder with.
    Oh just because I won't throw components in a vat of vegetable oil that makes me a chicken? I see how it is. It makes me a chicken. Yeah, a piece of chicken at Arby's. That's what it makes me, a Chicken Bacon Swiss. I am not turning my computer into a submarine. I have no place for an aquarium full of oil, nor is that any means mobile, or easy to access. "Oh no! Some memory burned out, I need to get it out and replace it." I don't think so.

First of all, yes.

Okay, well, either the chicken or the computer gets the oil, it's probably around the same volume anyway. This leads me to an idea, throw Arby's chicken into your computer!
    I don't wanna lose my pretty case to ugly oil, and the fact that I may want to change parts in this machine whenever I feel like, sure puts a damper on it.

Okay, this challenges my last little paragraph, ignore that one!