writing to my DVDR drive

budhisetiawanbudhisetiawan Mars Hill, NC Member
edited March 2007 in Hardware
Question for you...Y cant i write to my disk?

Little back ground before YAD goes off...

I am running Roxio as my software...the whole burn to disk program they got was getting on my nerves...however am I right in that now I cant just use my CDRW's like Floppys w/o it now? I could have sworn Windows had it built in..and i dont mean the stupid suspend thing where it stores crap and then burn it...I want to do it immidiately!....

Thoughts?

TIA

Comments

• Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, I can still use CD's as floppies, if they're RW's. And I see you're using Roxio. I never touch it because they provide the burning system for XP. I use Nero for normal burning, since it's the best. All I've got to say is a good format solves all software problems.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited March 2007
    Gotta agree with YAD here - I've never had any luck with Roxio and only have ever used Nero since the early days when it constantly screwed up every system I ever had that it came pre-installed on. The way it embeds into windows and changes windows own burning software just pissed me off to no end.

Best suggest uninstall Roxio, do a repair install and then use nero.
  • budhisetiawanbudhisetiawan Mars Hill, NC Member
    edited March 2007
    this is what i got and what I am stuck w/....guess i will will just reinstall Roxio's dirct cd thing....cant remember what its called...but all worked fine when that was on so oh well....