Abit KT7A-Raid Install

kilroy2kilroy2 Seattle WA
edited March 2007 in Hardware
I'm planning on reformatting my box and setting up the same raid-0 as I'm currently using. I can't remember how I set it up 4 years ago, however I do remember getting help from icrontic users (believe it was TEX... you still around?).

Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial on how to set up a RAID with Abit KT7A? What are the different things I need to remember, guess I need to update the bios, htp and via drivers? Am I missing something?

thx k2

Comments

• Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited March 2007
    Ok, forgive the doublespacing in some areas, I am using a keyboard without a spring on the spacebar, I'm on my doppelganger system.

1:Make a RAID driver disk with your ATA Drivers on it, but check your manual if you don't know how.
    2: Format that puppy.
    3:IF you WANT to update your bios, now'd be a good time to do it, but don't brick it.
    4: Install OS of choice and hit F6 for RAID/Third party drivers. Make sure your floppy's in there, and 2K/XP will do the rest. IF it says you're missing a file like textmode.oem or something like that, that file can be found on the Driver CD that came with your motherboard, or in the ATA driver folder under raid. (Mine are only on the CD, but I have a bios that lies to the OS until the driver's loaded.)

Then your raid should be up to snuff apon OS landing. If it's not, sue me. That's what I do.
  • kilroy2kilroy2 Seattle WA
    edited March 2007
    Ok, forgive the doublespacing in some areas, I am using a keyboard without a spring on the spacebar, I'm on my doppelganger system.

1:Make a RAID driver disk with your ATA Drivers on it, but check your manual if you don't know how.
    2: Format that puppy.
    3:IF you WANT to update your bios, now'd be a good time to do it, but don't brick it.
    4: Install OS of choice and hit F6 for RAID/Third party drivers. Make sure your floppy's in there, and 2K/XP will do the rest. IF it says you're missing a file like textmode.oem or something like that, that file can be found on the Driver CD that came with your motherboard, or in the ATA driver folder under raid. (Mine are only on the CD, but I have a bios that lies to the OS until the driver's loaded.)

Then your raid should be up to snuff apon OS landing. If it's not, sue me. That's what I do.

Thanks - I'll see if I can get to it next we. Much appreciated.