Oh I'm Thinking of Getting Wet

karatekidkaratekid Ogdensburg, NY
edited March 2007 in Hardware
I've been interested in water cooling every since I build my first computer back in the KT7 days :rock:, but I have never made the leap. Well now I am seriously considering it and I was wondering if you guys can say anything about what I am thinking about.

I have a SFF case (an Antec Aria) with an Athlon X2 3800+ and a fanless Gefore 7600GS. The thing is great to have as a traveling college kid since it is small, but heat is becoming more of an issue (especially with the duel core processor.) I was thinking an external water cooling system would work well for me, and the Corsair Nautilus 500 caught my eye since it is also small.

I guess I was just wondering if anybody has experience with putting a water system in a small case. Is it going to be difficult to manage the tubing in there? I would probably start with a simple system with just a CPU block, but the idea of getting a GPU block has crossed my mine so that I can get more heat out of the case.

Also, does anybody have the Nautilus, or know somebody who does? I can't find the damn size of the thing.

Comments

• edited March 2007
    It really depends what you get. I have the thermaltake bigwater on a big case though (thermaltake vm7000), but i am sure it can fit in a small case. By the time that you are traveling, watercooling is not a good option, as the tubes may brake and cause leaking that is not good. Getting an external watercooling will be a real trouble when traveling as you will also have external tubes and you must be carefull not to stretch them.