Just got back into gaming....

ClutchClutch North Carolina New
edited June 2003 in Gaming
That's right, I used to love playing games, especially my xbox. Well I got in the mood where I didn't have any money to buy games, so I stopped playing my xbox, let my cousin borrow it and got it back about 4 months ago.

So now that I'm out of school I got more free time, when I'm not reading up on computer stuff or browsing the forms. So I hear my xbox calling my name, and I go to best buy and they have the platinum hits on sale 2 for $30 w00t, pretty good deal. So I picked up Tony Hawk 3 and Silent Hill 2, sure there old games, but new to me. I love tony hawk 3, I got to pick up 4 when it goes on sale ( I'm sorry I'm a cheap, poor bastard )

What games for xbox are just awesome to you? After a while I'm thinking of picking me up another game. They had dead 2 rights also on sale for the 2 for $30 deal, thinking about that.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited June 2003
    I've heard good stuff about Splinter Cell. Here's some other great Xbox games:

Halo
    Splinter Cell
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
    Dead 2 Rights
    Sega GT 2002
    Ghost Recon
    NHL 2k2 (or 3)

One to watch for, Star Wars, Knights of the Old Republic. Comes out on 17 July.
  • SlickSlick Upstate New York
    edited June 2003
    Morrowind is a platium one so you can get it for $20. If you really get into RPGs this one will keep you away from the sunlight for days on end. I have literally played this game for 8 hours then looked at the clock and wondered if it was the right time.
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited June 2003
    D'oh, forgot about Morrowind. Only played the PC version which is an excellent game. Xbox likewise, though you won't be able to apply the 2 expansions that have been released for the PC version. But Morrowind by itself will grip you for many days worth of playing time.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    I saw morrowind, but my friend told me not to buy it because I could borrow his when I wanted to play it. I saw spiderman also, might check it out.

The games I have are

Halo
    Project Gotham
    Amped
    Splinter Cell
    Tony Hawk 3
    Silent Hill 2
  • edited June 2003
    check out ebay they usually have great deals on new games and awesome deals on games that cost 20 on the market. You can save a lot of money buying on ebay.
  • NixxerNixxer Nottingham, UK
    edited June 2003
    If you're into fighters, get Dead Or Alive 3, best game of the genre I have ever played. Was playing it for ages when I first got it. Sega GT 2002 is a decent racer aswell.
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited June 2003
    soul calibur 2 rox0rs doa3... comes out really soon too :_D
  • MarkTAWMarkTAW Brooklyn, NY
    edited June 2003
    > That's right, I used to love playing games, especially my xbox. <

God I feel old. I used to love playing games too... on my Atari. I remember when Zork was amazing.
  • fuxorfuxor i live in a giant bucket
    edited June 2003
    my friend has the GC import of Soul Calibur 2.... frickin rox!!!