upgrade audio issue

edited May 2007 in Hardware
just upgraded my pc, new mainboard and cpu! previously running was an gigabyte 6VXE7+ REV 1.0 and P3 1.0Ghz! now am running a ASUS A7V133 Rev 1.05 with AMDAthlon 2000+ Palomino

i downloaded the 4 in 1 VIA driver... everything goes fine but no sound

when i go to volume control, it says no mixer devices available... when i checked on my device manager everything seems to run fine...

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited May 2007
    when you go into your device settings are you seeing under the audio tab a sound card? If it's not detecting it in the first place it won't show up as a flagged error. Also did you ensure that the onboard AC'97 is enabled in your bios configuration?

Now - and this is just because I have to ask. Does your mobo have onboard sound? Not all A7V133's come with onboard sound, it's optional.
  • edited May 2007
    i think this board has onboard audio... it has the 3 audio connectors at the back and a 15pin Game Audio connector... i'll check the jumper settings, if the audio codec is enabled
  • edited May 2007
    yip! onboard audio jumper was correct... but in bios it was disabled! thanks kryyst :) now i can bump my music... lol
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited May 2007
    Wow that is an old machine..
  • edited May 2007
    Wow that is an old machine..

yip pretty old hehe... but still capable of running windows xp :)
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited May 2007
    Why not slug 2000 on it and save some memory?